SMALL-DIAPHRAGM CARDIOID CONDENSER MICROPHONE
• Ideal for acoustic guitar, overheads, piano and group vocals
• Condenser design for studio-quality vocal and instrument
• Excels in high-SPL applications
• Extended response for smooth, natural sonic characteristics
• Low-mass element for superb transient response
• Corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connector
• Rugged design and construction for reliable performance
• Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides
and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
The AT2021 is intended for use in professional applications where
remote power is available. It requires 48V DC phantom power,
which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a
separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 singlechannel
or CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies.
Output from the microphone's XLRM-type connector is low
impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and
3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is “Pin 2 hot” - positive
acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be
wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.
Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where
temperatures exceed 110° F (43° C) for extended periods.
Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.