The FMR RNC-500 is a 500-series version of their hugely popular and affordable Really Nice Compressor.
Taking a single slot in your 500-series rack the FMR RNC-500 is a single channel compressor delivering the fast and punchy sound associated with the RNC1773 but with an additional sense of heft which is increased the harder you hit the compressor. This 500-series compressor features the same SuperNice mode which transforms this little module into an impressively transparent three-band compressor.
Using the latest advances in digital technology to provide all the controls and a 100% true analogue signal path, the RNC-500 delivers a clean and transparent sound as well as precise and accurate controls thanks to 24-bit higher-resolution arithmetic, sealed switches and relay.
The RNC500 also features some uncanny features such as an overcurrent protection which will prevent a failure from damaging your whole 500-series rack, as well as an early warning power-supply detection which automatically sends the module in bypass mode even if the switched on, avoiding powering down “pops”. In addition, the RNC-500 boasts an 18 gauge electro-galvanised enclosure protecting the electronics from Electro-magnetic interference.
• Single-channel, 500-series version of the RNC.
• Balanced input & output
• Linkable for stereo operation.
• Maximum input/output levels of +28dBu.
• Overcurrent protection circuits safeguard 500-series rack operation in case of power supply faults.
• 24-bit arithmetic for smoother compression.
• SuperNice & Normal modes.
• Accurate signal level metering via power-saving "dot" gain-reduction display.
• Sealed, C&K subminiature toggle switches.
• Blue-anodized, machined aluminum knobs.