Traveler Feature Summary
* Sturdy lightweight construction—ready to travel with you anywhere.
* Compact size (14.75 x 9 inches)—fits easily into a napsack, briefcase or computer bag and sits perfectly under any laptop.
* Powered by computer* or battery—no additional power supply necessary for complete recording freedom.
* 20 channels with 4 mic inputs—all the I/O you need.
* Individual 48V phantom power—mix and match microphones.
* Digital Precision Trim™—adjust preamp gain in 1dB increments; save and recall multiple trim setups.
* Record at sample rates up to 192kHz.
* CueMix DSP™—provides latency-free monitoring system.
* Front-panel control—access your entire mix, or any Traveler setting, directly from the front panel.
* Stand-alone operation—program your mixes at the studio and then bring the Traveler to your gig—no computer needed. Just plug in any DC power adapter (10-24 volts, tip positive or negative). Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
* Multiple CueMix DSP mixes—create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear—with no latency.
* Four mic pre-amps with switchable 48-volt phantom power, front-panel Digital Precision Trim™ controls and pre-amplified sends.
* 20 inputs / 22 outputs—there's no channel sharing in the Traveler; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, AES/EBU I/O, and headphone out are all handled as simultaneously active, independent channels.
* 8 channels of 24-bit ADAT optical input/output. Eight channels at 44.1/48kHz. Four channels at 88.2/96kHz.
* Sample-accurate digital transfers between ADAT digital tape decks and the computer via the ADAT sync port.
* Sample-accurate MIDI—connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
* Expandable—add additional 828, 828mkII, 896 or Traveler FireWire interfaces for additional I/O.
* Eight 24-bit 192kHz outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
* Four 24-bit 192kHz inputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
* Separate headphone jack, with independent volume control.
* Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
* Word clock in and out
* Sample-accurate ADAT sync
* Built-in SMPTE time code sync
* Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software.
* 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
* Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
* Two FireWire ports for daisy-chaining without a hub
* Front panel meters for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs.
* Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.
*Bus power requires a non-adapted 6-pin FireWire port