Be the first to know when it will be back in stock
Primarily facilitating MADI connections, MOTU’S M64 is a digital-audio interface which allows you to route, split monitor, link, and apply effects with flexibility and ease. The device can also interface with AVB/TSN infrastructures, act as a standalone mixer, and accomplish further functions.
For connecting to your computer or host device, the M64 utilizes a USB 2.0 termination point—class compliant and compatible with both USB 3.0 connections and iOS. You can also use a CAT5e Ethernet connection with Mac computers, provided you’re running OS X 10.11 or later, and provided the computer in question has a thunderbolt port.
With this unit, MADI is the name the game, as the M64 sports two optical connections for 64 I/O MADI, as well as BNC connections facilitating 64 I/O channels of MADI. All standard formats and sample rates are supported, from 44.1 to 192 kHz, and a duplicate BNC output is provided for mirroring the coaxial bank to a secondary destination point, obviating the need for a separate splitter. This configuration, alongside the headphone output (which can be set to monitor any stereo source) gives you 256 inputs and 258 outputs in total.
In addition to its MADI capabilities, the M64 can distribute eight 8-channel banks of network-audio I/O, and thus, operate as part of a larger ecosystem of MOTU devices, all linking over an AVB-TSN and controllable wirelessly over Wi-Fi. For this express purpose, the MOTU Pro Audio Control web app has been created, working across platforms to provide seamless integration, manipulation, and coordination of digital audio. Any network you set up in such a fashion will function with ultra-low latency, even whilst handling hundreds of channels over long cable runs.
Also included with the M64 is a 32-bit, floating-point DSP engine. This engine provides a routing matrix with 48 channels and 12 stereo busses, as well as effects modelled on several prized pieces of hardware, audio analysis tools, and the AudioDesk DAW for Mac and Windows platforms.
- 256 Channels of MADI I/O
- This unit provides 64 I/O of MADI via optical connections, as well as independent coaxial / BNC MADI, for another 64 channels in and out. Also included is an extra duplicate output in all standard formats and sample rates.
- Flexible, Router, Converter and Splitter
- You can send any input to any output, or split an input to multiple output channels, and convert formats to optical or coaxial MADI. This includes routing to and from your computer, as well as any devices on an AVB-TSN network.
- Standalone Operation with Wireless Control
- You can connect a standard Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, routing/splitting, 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. Indeed, you can control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet, and smartphone, all while connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
- DSP Mixing and Effects Processing
- The flexible 48-input digital mixer provides seven stereo aux busses, three stereo groups, and access to 64 network inputs, as well as DSP effects, such as reverb, 4-band EQ, gate and compression. Some notable modules include emulations of the LA-2A, as well as a model of British analog-console EQ.
- Low-Latency MOTU drivers
- Universal connectivity over high-speed USB 2.0 (3.0 and iOS compatible), as well as AVB. These drivers deliver low-latency and solid performance.
- Comprehensive Metering
- The full-color, front-panel LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all I/O. You can access hardware settings from an easy-to-read menu.
- Convenient Headphone Monitoring
- Assignable front-panel headphone output with volume control allows for monitoring of any stereo channel pair.
- Word Clock I/O
- Standard word-clock, BNC I/O for resolving to other digital audio gear, or house sync.
- 32-Bit Floating-Point Processing
- The M64's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers high headroom.
- Add a 2nd MOTU AVB-equipped interface by means of a CAT-5e Ethernet cable. You can connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (available separately).
- AVB-TSN Audio Networking
- Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB-TSN switches and network cabling, with low network latency, even over long cable runs (100m point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Audio Analysis Tools
- Tools for audio analysis includes a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and phase analyzer.
- AudioDesk Software
- Included with the 8D is AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows, which features 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
- Compatibility with Mac and Windows Software
- The M64 ships with Core Audio drivers for Mac OS X for compatibility with virtually all Core Audio-compatible apps. Also included are ASIO and Wave drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 10, ensuring compatibility with practically all ASIO- and Wave-compatible audio apps.
|Sample Rates||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz|
|Digital I/O||1 x BNC, MADI inputs
2 x BNC, MADI outputs (mirrored)
1 x optical, MADI inputs
1 x optical, MADI outputs
|MADI||1x: 64/56 I/O
2x: 32/28 I/O
4x: 16/14 I/O
|Total I/O Connections||128 in / 128 out (256 total) at 1x sample rates
64 in / 64 out (128 total) at 2x sample rates
32 in / 32 out (64 total) at 4x sample rates
|USB||1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant
USB 3.0 and iOS compatible
|Computer I/O||64 I/O at 1x (44.1 to 48 kHz)
32 I/O at 2x (88.2 to 96 kHz)
24 I/O at 4x (176.4 to 192 kHz)
|Front Panel||1 x 1/4" TRS headphone output
4 x switches for menu navigation
160 x 128 RGB LCD for level meters / menu
|Power||External 12 to 18 VDC power supply, 10 W, 1.0 A max.|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||8.7 x 7.0 x 1.8" / 22.0 x 17.8 x 4.5 cm|
|Weight||2.0 lb / 0.9 kg|