The GrandPa by Bastl Instruments is a compact 5HP granular sampler for the Eurorack modular format.
The module features two trigger inputs, each of which triggers a separate sample. The CV input is assignable to any of the module’s parameters and can also be used to activate grain shifting. Users can introduce samples to the module via SD card simply by placing the card in the corresponding slot on the GrandPa’s front panel.
Each sample features seven manipulatable parameters: attack, release, start, end, crush, grain size, sample rate, and shift speed, all of which can be used to create a near-endless supply of sonic deviance.
- Granular sampler with microgranny 2.0 soundcore
- Plays wav files from the microSD card, 22050 Hz, 16 bit, mono
- 12bit output
- Adjustable sample rate (can go up to 44.1 kHz)
- Trigger inputs for playing 2 different samples with different settings
- Each trigger input has a button to do the trigger manually
- RGB led to indicate page (on each page the two knobs adjust different parameters)
- Crush distortion
- Adjustable grain size and grain shift (positive or negative
- Digital attack decay envelope
- Start and end point
- No interpolation between grain jumps
- Each sample has adjustable destination of CV input – it can go to any of the parameters
- Grain sync – CV input can act as trigger input for triggering the grain shift
- Can recognize 35 different samples on the microSD card (they need to be specific name)
- 35 presets (all settings of the 2 samples is one preset
- CV input reacts in 0-10V range
- Handmade in Brno, Czech republic
- Aluminum front panel
- Breakout for FTDi USB adaptor for hacking, opensource firmware (see github)