Designed to provide a mic locker's worth of sounds in a two-piece package, the Antelope Edge Strip Bundle comprises the Edge Modeling Microphone and the Discrete MP preamp. Also included are Antelope's AFX modeling plug-ins for transmuting the provided microphone into emulations of history's most venerable capsules. Indeed, with the microphone, the preamp, and the AFX plug-ins, the Edge Strip Bundle gives you the ability to recreate vintage tones.
The preamp utilizes USB 2.0 and provides two combination XLR-1/4" inputs and two 1/4" balanced line outputs. The gain range of this preamp is between 0 to 61 dB in 1-dB steps, giving you plenty of headroom. The preamp itself has been designed to complement the modeling microphone, sporting a linear, even frequency response up to 200 kHz.
With its dual-capsule design, the microphone can mimic not only the timbre of notable mics, but polar patterns to boot. Therefore, the Edge Modeling Mic plugs into the MP with an XLR Y-cable, taking up both inputs. With this mic, you can recreate classic 47s, 87s, 67s, and more. This bundle works with both Mac and Windows computers.
- AFX Plug-In Pack
- Mic Emulations: Berlin 47 FT, Berlin 87, Berlin 67, Tokyo 800T, and Antelope Edge model
- Preamp Emulations: BAE 1073 MP, Gyraf Gyratec G9, and Antelope V76
- Compressors and EQs: Stay Levin Compressor/Limiter, and a BAE 1073 EQ
- Edge Modeling Microphone Features
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with accurate transient response
- Hand-selected, dual edge-terminated capsules for a smooth, natural sound
- Metal enclosure
- Fully discrete electronic components
- Multiple polar pattern switching
- Mic Emulation FX offers a growing collection of classic microphones
- Discrete MP Features
- Designed to complement the Antelope Audio Edge modeling microphone
- Two-channel microphone preamp with discrete circuitry
- Remotely controlled, digitally adjustable Gain from 0 to 61 dB
- Two combination XLR-1/4" TRS connectors for mic/line signals
- Two 1/4"" balanced line outputs
- Calibration oscillator of 1 kHz / 0 dBu for accurate gain calibration
- 48 VDC phantom power
- Software control panel for Mac & Windows