KORG KAOSS PAD KP3+
A real-time effects processor/sampler with instant control over cutting-edge effects.
The Kaoss Pad series of effects units is famed for its intuitive touch-pad interface. The flagship model KP3 that appeared in 2006 was highly acclaimed by musicians and DJs around the world for its powerful, instantaneous effect programs and its wealth of sampling functionality.
The sounds that drive the electronic and EDM music movements, and the effects used to create them, have evolved significantly over these past seven years.
The effects combinations which have become a staple in numerous genres and applications thanks to the KP3 have been taken to a new level with the new KP3+. The KP3+ is a real-time effects unit that will generate the sounds of modern electronic and beyond.
Use the touchpad to control effects in real time
The intuitive design and amazing flexibility of the touchpad allows Kaoss Pad 3+ users to easily control multiple effects and parameters by simply tapping or rubbing the Kaoss touch pad with their finger. Using this remarkable design, you can easily control multiple effects in complex ways that would be difficult or even impossible on a conventional effects unit or would require dedicated software plus a MIDI controller to achieve.
A total of 150 effects ideal for remixing, DJ and live music applications, and in-studio use.
The KP3+ provides new effect programs that are worthy of its status as the flagship model of the Kaoss Pad series. The KP3+ contains a total of 150 programs - 22 more than the original KP3.
In addition to the 108 effects carried over from the KP3, which include filters, spatial-type effects such as delay and reverb, a grain shifter that freezes tiny pieces of sound and repeats them, and a vocoder, there are 42 new or improved effects that represent today's dance music scene, including effects that were newly developed for the Kaoss Pad Quad, such as the Looper, Vinyl Break, and Ducking Compressor.
Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
It's easy to obtain the scratch sound that's heard when you scratch a turntable, or use a record-stop effect. In addition to the basic Mod.1 Vinyl Break, the KP3+ also provides the new Mod.2 Break Reverb which adds reverb to the effect, and the LoP.2 Break Looper and LoP.8 Loop Breaker effects which combine the effect with a Looper.
Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
You can use a side-chain effect to emphasize the backbeats of the kick. In addition to Mod.8 Ducking Compressor, there's a new rEV.1 Pump Reverb that adds a reverb effect. You can add a sense of “breathing” to your music by dynamically varying the reverberation in synchronization with the BPM.
Newly-designed Looper lets you freely manipulate loops
For greater usability, the Looper effect has been modified to let you loop the sound starting from the instant you touch the touchpad. The existing programs have been significantly updated; for example, if you move your finger to change the number of beats in the loop, the timing of that change will automatically be quantized. There are also many new programs such as LoP.4 Freeze Looper, LoP.6 Shuttle Looper, and the LoP.7 Slice Looper that finely slices a phrase and loops the location that you choose.
Effects for breaks and drops
New effects include dLY.2 Echo Break and rEV.3 Reverb Break, which mute the input sound and generate delay or reverb. These are ideal ways to create breaks in your DJ play.
We've also enhanced the synth sound effects that are effective when used during a break, bringing them up to date for the evolving dance music scene. Newly added sounds include Syn.3 Pump Noise (noise without resonance, processed by a side-chain effect) as well as Syn.4 Lofi Synth and Syn.9 Resonator.
Other added effects include FL.16 Center Canceler for partial vocal cancellation, LFO.1 Jag Filter which uses a non-resonant filter to chop the sound, dLY.5 One Delay which shines on styles such as hip-hop, and Grn.6 Stutter Grain which alternately applies a grain shifter and a Looper. We completely rethought the X-axis and Y-axis parameter assignments and their polarity, and included flashy and glittering synth sounds as well as many more effects that will enhance the latest sounds of today's scene.
Functions for greater expressive power
FX Release, Mute, Pad Motion
The FX Release function automatically adds a delay to smoothly blend the effect when you release the touchpad. The Mute function cuts the input sound, leaving only the reverb or other effect sound, and can also be used as a "transformer" by turning it rapidly on and off. Pad Motion lets you record and play back the movements of your finger on the touchpad.
Practical functions: Program Memory, Hold, Pad LED
There are eight program memories that let you instantly select your favorite effect programs, and a Hold effect that sustains the effect even after you release your finger from the touchpad.
The pad LEDs illuminate along the path that’s traced by your finger, letting you perform without difficulty even in a dimly lit DJ booth. We've modified the way that the four sampling bank LEDs illuminate to make them more intuitively understandable than on the KP3; they now light up red during recording and green during playback.
Intuitive sampling functionality
The KP3+ features enhanced sampling functionality that lets you perform using multiple effects and samples. Each of the four sample banks can record a sample up to 13 seconds long (*1), and play it either as a one-shot or loop. The KP3+ also has functions such as a start point adjustment that lets you create a half-beat shift to create "doubled" effects, a new slice function that edits the structure of a loop sample to instantly create completely new phrases, and a resampling function that lets you apply an effect to a sample and then re-sample the result.
Samples can be triggered in four different ways as appropriate for your situation. The volume of each sample bank can also be adjusted by the LEVEL slider or the touchpad, either together or individually.
*1: The number of seconds of sampling will depend on the BPM of the audio input and on the sampling settings.
USB MIDI, SD/SDHC card support, and dedicated editor software
With MIDI IN/OUT jacks and a USB port, it's easy to control external MIDI devices. Loop data and user settings such as programs can be stored on an SD/SDHC card. The KP3+ Editor* is also available, which provides sample data librarian functionality as well as a MIDI assignment editor.
* Runs on Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later) / 7 (SP1 or later) / 8, and on Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- Use the touchpad to control effects in real time.
- A total of 150 effects ideal for DJ mixing and sound design;42 new types including:
- Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
- Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
- Newly-designed Looper lets you freely manipulate loops
- Effects you can use for breaks in your DJ play
- High-spec sampling functionality
- Numerous functions to make your performance even more expressive
- FX Release function controls the reverberation to produce a more natural decay
- Mute function cuts the input signal and outputs only the effect sound
- Pad Motion function records and reproduces your effect usage
- Practical functions that are easy to use during live performance or production
- Eight program memories let you switch effects instantly
- Hold function sustains the effect sound
- Set the tempo with auto BPM, tap tempo, or the BPM knob
- Pad LEDs ensure high visibility even in the dark
- Highly expandable for even greater potential
- USB MIDI allows for use as a powerful MIDI controller
- Store sample data on an SD/SDHC card
- Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings - See more at:
- Number of Effect Programs:
- Effect Categories
- Filter=20 (6), EQ=2?Modulation=18 (5), LFO=27 (2), Delay=17 (4), Reverb=8 (3), Grain Shifter=6 (1) Looper=20 (17), Sampler=7, CrossFade=4, Drum=6, Synth=10 (3), Vocoder=5 (1)
- *( ): New or improved functionality is enclosed in parentheses.
- Audio Input
- Line Input (Stereo RCA jacks), Mic Input (Mono unbalanced 6.3 mm phone Jack)
- Audio Output
- Line Output (Stereo RCA jacks), Headphone (6.3 mm Stereo phone jack)
- Sampling Frequency
- 24 bit / Linear
- External Storage Device
- SD Card (16MB – 2GB), SDHC Card (- 32GB)
- Type B
- Power Supply
- 210 (W) x 226 (D) x 49 (H*) mm / 8.27 x 8.90 x 1.93 inches, *including knob height
- 1.3 kg / 2.87 lbs.
- AC adapter, protective sheet for touch pad
- Operating requirements for “Kaoss Pad KP3+ Editor”
- With USB ports support “Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8”
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 7 (SP1 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 8 (32bit/64bit)
- Apple Macintosh computer with USB ports support Mac OS X
- Later Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Program List
- Filter/ 20 programs
- FLt.1 Morphing Filter, FLt.2 Low Pass Filter, FLt.3 High Pass Filter, FLt.4 Band Pass Filter, FLt.5, 72dB/oct LPF, FLt.6 LPF & Delay, FLt.7 HPF & Delay, FLt.8 BPF+ & Delay, FLt.9 LPF & Reverb, FL.10 HPF & Reverb, FL.11 BPF+&Reverb, FL.12 Vowel Filter, FL.13 Telephone Filter, FL.14 Radio Filter, FL.15 Radio Isolator, FL.16 Center Canceler, FL.17 Mid Cut Filter, FL.18 Isolator, FL.19 Isolator & Distortion, FL.20, Isolator & Delay
- EQ/ 2 programs
- Eq.1 4 Band Equalizer, Eq.2 8 Band Equalizer
- Modulation/ 18 programs
- Mod.1 Vinyl Break, Mod.2 Break Reverb, Mod.3 Jet +, Mod.4 Jet, Mod.5 Manual Phaser, Mod.6 Talk Filter, Mod.7 Digi Talk, Mod.8 Ducking Compressor, Mod.9 Compressor Md.10 Low Compressor, Md.11 Decimator, Md.12 Decimator & HPF, Md.13 Fuzz Distortion, Md.14 Broken Modulation, Md.15 Ring Mod & HPF, Md.16 Pitch Shifter & HPF, Md.17 Mid Pitch Shifter, Md.18 Pitch Shifter & Delay
- LFO/ 27 programs
- LFO.1 Jag Filter, LFO.2 LFO LPF, LFO.3 LFO HPF, LFO.4 LFO BPF+, LFO.5 LFO HPF+ & Delay, LFO.6 Infinite LFO HPF+, LFO.7 Random LFO LPF, LFO.8 Random LFO HPF+, LFO.9 Yoi Yoi, LF.10 Flanger, LF.11 Deep Flanger, LF.12 Mid Flanger, LF.13 Flanger & LPF, LF.14 Flanger & Delay, LF.15 Infinit LFO Flanger, LF.16 Phaser, LF.17 Mid Phaser, LF.18 Phaser & Delay, LF.19 Step Phaser, LF.20 Auto Pan, LF.21 Mid Auto Pan, LF.22 Slicer, LF.23 Mid Slicer, LF.24 Slicer & LPF, LF.25 Slicer & HPF, LF.26 Audio Gate & LPF, LF.27 Audio Gate & HPF
- Delay/ 17 programs
- dLY.1 Delay, dLY.2 Echo Break, dLY.3 Reverse Echo Break, dLY.4 LoFi Echo Break, dLY.5 One Delay, dLY.6 Tape Echo, dLY.7 Dub Echo, dLY.8 Feedback Echo, dLY.9 Smooth Delay, dL.10 Low Cut Delay, dL.11 Ping Pong Delay, dL.12 LCR Delay, dL.13 3 band Delay, dL.14 Reverse Delay Mix, dL.15 3 band Reverse Delay, dL.16 Gate Reverb & Delay, dL.17 Delay & Reverb
- Reverb/ 8 programs
- rEV.1 Pump Reverb, rEV.2 Freeze Reverb, rEV.3 Reverb Break, rEV.4 Reverb, rEV.5 Reverb 2, rEV.6 Spring Reverb, rEV.7 Gate Reverb, rEV.8 Reverse Gate Reverb
- Grain Shifter/ 6 programs
- Grn.1 Grain Shifter, Grn.2 Beat Grain, Grn.3 Mid Grain Shifter, Grn.4 Mid Grain Shifter+, Grn.5 Grain&HPF, Grn.6 Stutter Grain
- Looper/ 20 programs
- LoP.1 Looper Forward/Reverse, LoP.2 Break Looper, LoP.3 Looper & Reverse Delay, LoP.4 Freeze Looper, LoP.5 High Looper, LoP.6 Shuttle Looper, LoP.7 Slice Looper, LoP.8 Loop Breaker, LoP.9 KP2 Looper, LP.10 Vinyl Looper, LP.11 Rewind Spin Looper, LP.12 Looper & LPF, LP.13 Looper & HPF, LP.14 Looper & Flanger, LP.15 Looper & Pitch Shifter, LP.16 Looper & Decimator, LP.17 Looper, Isolator & HPF, LP.18 Looper & Isolator+, LP.19 Looper & OSC, LP.20 Looper & Noise
- Sampler/ 7 programs
- SMP.1 Sample End Point, SMP.2 Sample Roll, SMP.3 Sample Forward/Reverse, SMP.4 Sample Fast Forward/Reverse, SMP.5 Sample Forward/Reverse & Delay, SMP.6 Sample Time Stretch, SMP.7 Sample Grain
- CrossFade/ 4 programs
- CrS.1 4 sample bank Cross Fader Roll, CrS.2 4 sample bank Cross Fader Time Stretch, CrS.3 4 sample bank Cross Fader & LPF, CrS.4 4 sample bank Cross Fader & HPF
- Drum/ 6 programs
- drM.1 House Beat, drM.2 Beat Box, drM.3 Tribal Beat, drM.4 Electro Beat, drM.5 Pad Drum 1, drM.6 Pad Drum 2
- Synth/ 10 programs
- Syn.1 Unison Saw Bass, Syn.2 Unison Square Bass, Syn.3 Pump Noise, Syn.4 LoFi Synth, Syn.5 Metalic Synth, Syn.6 Siren, Syn.7 LFO Sin, Syn.8 LFO Squ, Syn.9 Resonator, SY.10 Synth & Looper
- Vocoder/ 5 programs
- Voc.1 Vocoder, Voc.2 Bass Vocoder, Voc.3 Vocoder Maj7, Voc.4 Vocoder min7, Voc.5 Vocoder Mix
|Vendor Item Number||KP3+|