KORG KAOSSILATOR PRO+
Out of Stock
Reserve your unit now!
A synthesizer that lets you perform and create multi-layered music in any style with just the touch of a finger.
The Kaossilator series was the forerunner of unique instruments that made it easy for anyone to play musical melodies and phrases. The KAOSSILATOR PRO, which appeared in 2010, was an updated model featuring a rich variety of sounds and loop recording functionality that made it not merely a live performance instrument, but also a track-making tool.
2013 brings us to the upgraded KAOSSILATOR PRO+. With additional new sound programs and drum sounds KAOSSILATOR PRO+ has been supercharged to offer even more variety and exploration.
A Freely Playable Synthesizer
The unique interface allows musical melodies and phrases to be played with ease by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the touchpad. Horizontal motions control the pitch; vertical motions control aspects of the tone, such as filter cutoff, feedback, or modulation depth. The intuitive design and flexibility of the touchpad allows users who are not keyboard players to perform easily. Users can create performances that are rich with tonal changes that could not be produced on a conventional keyboard instrument.
A total of 250 sound programs
The KAOSSILATOR PRO+ is packed with the cutting-edge synth sounds that you have come to expect from Korg. There are 50 additional programs in the KAOSSILATOR PRO+, bringing the total program count to 250! 62 of these sounds are drawn directly from current musical genres, including familiar and extremely useful leads, and synth basses, along with sound effects for DJ use. Of particular note are the 26 drum sounds that have been especially enhanced. Updated drum PCM includes sounds from the acclaimed Wavedrum percussion synth for even greater performance variety. With just a single KAOSSILATOR PRO+ you can perform hip-hop, chiptune, house, dubstep, new disco, electro, reggaeton, drum 'n' bass, plus international styles such as rock and bossa nova, or you can create your own genre!
Loop Recording function allows intuitive performance and track making
Loop Recording can be set for up to four measures (16 beats.) Performances on the KAOSSILATOR PRO+ can be recorded into any of the four onboard internal Loop Recorder Banks. By adding (overdubbing) additional sounds one at a time, you can create amazing looped phrases that range from minimal to fully orchestrated.
The four banks can be combined for virtually infinite performance possibilities. Each of the four loop banks can be muted or un-muted, its volume adjusted, and its loop length changed, making live performance easy for anyone.
The KAOSSILATOR PRO+ provides line inputs and a mic input to allow for the recording of external audio sources as well. This makes it easy to add a vocal, or audio from any external device to any loop phrase created on the KAOSSILATOR PRO+.
Unlimited performance possibilities
Musical Scale, Key, and Note Range help create musical performances
Even if you've never played a musical instrument before, the KAOSSILATOR PRO+’s Key and Scale features ensure that the notes being played will match the song being performed. Use the Key setting to specify the musical key or “root.” Choose any of 35 scales, ranging from popular scales such as chromatic, major pentatonic, and minor blues, as well as unusual scales such as Spanish, Ryukyu, and Raga. By using both the Key and Scale settings to match the song, you can play perfect solos without a single wrong note.
The Note Range allows you to specify the range of playable pitches. You can set this to a narrow range to ensure that melodies will be played accurately as you intend, or to an extremely wide range to allow unexpectedly dynamic and unconventional phrases to emerge.
The Gate Arpeggiator function lets you control phrases with complete freedom
The built-in gate arpeggiator patterns can automatically generate phrases and beats by simply moving a finger across the touchpad. Use the slider to change the gate time and gate speed in real time for cool performances.
Pad LEDs ensure excellent visibility even in the dark
The pad LEDs light up along the path of your finger, letting you play without difficulty even on a dimly lit stage. The four loop recording LEDs have been changed to a more intuitively obvious illumination pattern than on the Kaossilator Pro, and now light red during recording and green during playback.
USB MIDI, SD/SDHC card support, and dedicated editor software
With MIDI IN/OUT jacks and a USB port, it's easy to control external MIDI devices. Loop data and user settings such as programs can be stored on an SD/SDHC card. There's also the KAOSSILATOR PRO+ Editor* which provides librarian functionality for your loop data as well as a MIDI assignment editor.
* Runs on Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later) / 7 (SP1 or later) / 8, and on Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
*This will be available for download free of charge from the Korg website.
Plays nicely together with Kaossilator 2
Data that's been recorded on the KAOSSILATOR PRO+ can be exported for use with the Kaossilator 2, and data recorded on the Kaossilator 2 can be loaded by the KAOSSILATOR PRO+, sharing the BPM and other settings. The possibilities are endless; sophisticated performance data from the KAOSSILATOR PRO+ can be loaded into the Kaossilator 2 and taken with you, or Kaossilator 2 performance data you recorded elsewhere can be brought back for use on the KAOSSILATOR PRO+.
- Freely playable synthesizer; simply touch the touchpad to play notes and manipulate sounds in real time
- A total of 250 sound programs (including drum programs) cover a wide range of styles, including 62 new programs
- Loop Recording function allows intuitive performance and recording, and 4 infinitely stackable loop banks are available
- Numerous functions for unlimited performance possibilities
- - Scale/Key settings make it easy for anyone to perform with no wrong notes
- - Note Range function lets you specify the horizontal pitch range of the touchpad
- - Gate Arpeggiator function allows you to easily control phrases with the slider
- - Pad LEDs ensure excellent visibility even in the dark
- Highly expandable
- -USB MIDI allows use as a powerful MIDI controller
- -Store recorded loop data and even externally made. WAV files on an SD/SDHC card
- -Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings
- - See more at: http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/kaossilator_pro_plus/#sthash.d59ctRkq.dpuf
- Number of programs:
- Sound Categories:
- Lead=40 (8), Acoustic=15, Bass=40 (12), Chord=40 (11), SE=30 (5), Drum=30 (10), Drum Pattern = 40 (16), Vocoder = 15
- ( ): New or improved functionality is enclosed in parentheses.
- Number of Scales:
- Key setting:
- Main controllers:
- Touch pad, GATE ARP TIME/SPEED slider
- Audio Input:
- Line Input (Stereo RCA jacks)
- Mic Input (Mono unbalanced 6.3 mm phone Jack)
- Audio Output:
- Line Output (Stereo RCA pin jacks)
- Headphone (6.3 mm Stereo phone jack)
- Sampling Frequency:
- 24 bit / Linear
- External storage device:
- SD Card (16MB – 2GB), SDHC Card (- 32GB)
- Type B
- Power supply:
- Dimensions (W) x (D) x (H*)
- 210 x 226 x 49 mm / 8.27 x 8.90 x 1.93 inches
- *including knob height
- 1.3 kg / 2.87 lbs.
- AC adapter
- Protective sheet for touch pad
- Operating requirements for “KAOSSILATOR PRO+ Editor”
- With USB ports support “Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8”.
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 7 (SP1 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 8 (32bit/64bit),
- Apple Macintosh computer with USB ports support Mac OS X.
- Later Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Intel Mac supports
- Program List
- L.000 Pulse Verb, L.001 Synth Lead, L.002 Unison Lead, L.003 Force Lead, L.004 Sync Saw LD, L.005 Sine Portamt, L.006 XMod SawLead, L.007 Digital Talk, L.008 Saw Lead, L.009 Party Lead, L.010 Square Lead, L.011 Sync Squ LD, L.012 FeedbackLead, L.013 WideDistLD, L.014 Tell Min, L.015 MICRO Lead, L.016 Mini Lead, L.017 Crazy Lead, L.018 Syn Decay, L.019 5th Lead, L.020 Basic Arp, L.021 XMod Decay, L.022 Soft Lead, L.023 SquareXX, L.024 Talk, L.025 Syn Brass, L.026 5th Decay, L.027 MS20 Lead, L.028 Fe-Voice, L.029 Orange Lead, L.030 5th Brass, L.031 Belec, L.032 Ambient Lead, L.033 LR 5th Lead, L.034 Square Bell, L.035 LFO Squ Lead, L.036 Unison Sweep, L.037 3octave Lead, L.038 XY Scale, L.039 Pitch Mod
- A.040 Vibraphone, A.041 Trumpet, A.042 Piano, A.043 Tape Flute, A.044 Dist Guitar, A.045 E.Piano, A.046 Glass Bell, A.047 Phase Clav, A.048 Digerido, A.049 Elec Sitar, A.050 Duo Strings, A.051 Jazz Guitar, A.052 Tenor Sax, A.053 Harmonica, A.054 Flute
- B.055 Boost Bass, B.056 Duck Bass, B.057 Wobble Bass, B.058 Square Bass, B.059 Acid Bass, B.060 SeqXModBass, B.061 Bend Bass, B.062 E-Pump Bass, B.063 Kick Bass, B.064 FB Bass, B.065 Lofi Bass, B.066 Z Bass, B.067 Oddy Bass, B.068 MG Bass, B.069 Ring Bass, B.070 Early Bass, B.071 Rude Bass, B.072 House Bass, B.073 Slap Bass, B.074 Bad Bass, B.075 Disco Bass, B.076 Attack Bass, B.077 Hoover Bass, B.078 Talk Bass, B.079 AcousticBass, B.080 Simple Bass, B.081 Fat Bass, B.082 Elec Bass, B.083 Big Bass, B.084 Sexy Bass, B.085 Reso Bass, B.086 Unison Bass, B.087 XMod Bass, B.088 Fall Bass, B.089 Zap Bass, B.090 DistSawBass, B.091 Bit Bass, B.092 Stereo Bass, B.093 Valve Bass, B.094 Organ Bass
- C.095 Pump Chord, C.096 OnlyChord, C.097 kasCode, C.098 Sine Chord, C.099 Pulse Chord, C.100 HeadLine, C.101 Dream Sign, C.102 Amb Piano, C.103 Tek Chord, C.104 Flash Chord, C.105 Electro Stab, C.106 Filter Chord, C.107 Side Chain, C.108 ArpeggioSine, C.109 Wurly Chord, C.110 Guitar Chord, C.111 E.Guitar Hit, C.112 Pad Chord 1, C.113 UM Sequence, C.114 2039, C.115 Filter Mod, C.116 Decay Chord, C.117 ArpeggioDown, C.118 Synth Chord, C.119 Dungeon, C.120 ArpeggioPuls, C.121 Phaser Chord, C.122 EL Chord, C.123 Chord Seq, C.124 FilterMod5th, C.125 Pad Chord 2, C.126 DecaySynChod, C.127, Trance Chord, C.128 PopDanceCode, C.129 Organ Chord, C.130 Sweep Chord, C.131 Power Chord, C.132 BPF Chord, C.133 E.Piano Chod, C.134 Chord Hit
- S.135 Pump Noise, S.136 Disco Siren, S.137 ItchNoiz, S.138 AirHorn, S.139 WaxNator, S.140 Resonate, S.141 Helicopter, S.142 Orch Hit, S.143 Kaoss Drone, S.144 8bit Game, S.145 Sweep, S.146 Rise/Fall, S.147 IndustrySFX, S.148 Infinity, S.149 XY Cat, S.150 8bit Noise, S.151 HPF Square, S.152 Quiz Show, S.153 Game SFX, S.154 Sync Random, S.155 Noise Filter, S.156 Metal, S.157 Siren, S.158 Missile, S.159 Random, S.160 Beam Saber, S.161 Synth Looper, S.162 Ring Mod SFX, S.163 Voice Looper, S.164 Drop
- D.165 Dubstep Kit, D.166 HipHop Kit 1, D.167 DoncaMatic, D.168 Techno Kit 1, D.169 Rock Kit 1, D.170 Chip Kit 1, D.171 Chip Kit 2, D.172 WD Kit, D.173 GateKit, D.174 MiniKit, D.175 Percussion, D.176 Zap/Hit, D.177 Conga, D.178 Rock Kit 2, D.179 Tom, D.180 House Kit 1, D.181 House Kit 2, D.182 Techno Kit 2, D.183 Disco Kit, D.184 HipHop Kit 2, D.185 Standard Kit, D.186 80's Kit, D.187 Cymbal-Revb, D.188 Cymbal-Filt, D.189 Clap, D.190 Phone/Clap, D.191 BD/SD, D.192 Filter Snare, D.193 Timpani, D.194 XMod Perc
- Drum Pattern
- P.195 E.House, P.196 Techno 1, P.197 Hip Hop 1, P.198 Dubstep 1, P.199 Rock 1, P.200 Gate, P.201 Breaks, P.202 Chip 1, P.203 Electronic, P.204 FactorY, P.205 NoKick 1, P.206 Chip 2, P.207 Mini, P.208 NoKick 2, P.209 WaveDrum, P.210 Donca Matic, P.211 Hip Hop 2, P.212 House 1, P.213 Jam Guitar, P.214 House 2, P.215 Conga Loop, P.216 Techno 2, P.217 Electro, P.218 Dubstep 2, P.219 Reggaeton, P.220 Hip Hop 3, P.221 Disco, P.222 Rock 2, P.223 Breakbeats, P.224 Drum'n'Bass, P.225 Bossa Nova, P.226 Lo-Fi Breaks, P.227 Zap Beat, P.228 XY Drum, P.229 Deci Beat, P.230 Beat Box, P.231 Grain Beat, P.232 Call Me, P.233 Taiko, P.234 Robo
- V.235 Vocod-Unison, V.236 Vocod-Pulse, V.237 Vocod-Chord1, V.238 Vocod-Detune, V.239 Vocod-Deci, V.240 Vocod-5th, V.241 Vocod-Chord2, V.242 Vocod-Saw, V.243 Vocod-Echo, V.244 Vocod-Formnt, V.245 Audio-Pitch, V.246 Audio-Grain, V.247 Audio-Delay, V.248 Audio-Filter, V.249 Audio-Looper
|Vendor Item Number||KAOSSILATOR-PRO+|