Reserve your unit now!
Game-changing headphone sound
In a relatively short time, Audeze has gone from headphone upstart to industry leader. The LCD-2 headphones were the company's first model to gain widespread acclaim. This updated version features shedua wood earcups and boasts the same outstanding sound quality as the original. Known for their tight, extended bass response, smooth, inviting midrange, and warm high frequencies, the LCD-2 headphones offer a listening experience that can make believers out of even casual music listeners.
Please note: These large, solid headphones weigh in at over a pound and are built for a high level of performance rather than portability.
Audeze planar magnetic headphones are known for accuracy and extended frequency response. Unlike the dynamic drivers found in most headphones, planar magnetic drivers rely on a thin diaphragm with a large surface area to generate sound. The circuit is etched across the entire surface of an ultra-thin diaphragm, which is suspended between two large magnets. The LCD-2 headphones use a powerful magnetic field, which results in extremely low distortion even at high volume. When the circuit receives an audio signal, it interacts with the magnetic field, thus causing the diaphragm to move back and forth. This results in sound that is incredibly lifelike and spacious — and worthy of fresh listens to all your favorite music.
The meticulously crafted LCD-2 headphones are hand-made in the USA. The earcups are made of sustainable shedua wood — a material used in acoustic guitar manufacturing. They are luxuriously appointed with soft padding covered with genuine sheepskin leather. The LCD-2's detachable cable terminates in a standard 1/4" plug for connection to a home stereo. The cable securely connects to each earcup via 4-pin mini XLR connectors. Be sure to plug these high-performance headphones into a headphone amplifier for optimum sound quality with plenty of volume.
Serious protection for serious headphones
To ensure a long lifespan for such fine headphones, Audeze includes a rugged travel case. Don't confuse this case with a soft zip-up case you might get with other headphones.
This is a waterproof, hardshell case with a padded interior and a handle. It provides the ultimate protection for the LCD-2, whether you're storing them at home or taking them to a friend's house to introduce him to their tantalizing sound.
- planar magnetic drivers offer low distortion, enhanced dynamics, and warm sound
- Fazor driver technology offers improved phase response, three-dimensional imaging, and extended frequency response
- open-back design offers spacious sound
- sustainable shedua wood earcups with genuine lambskin leather earpads
- 98-inch tangle-free cable 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup and 1/4" plug for connection to a home stereo or headphone amplifier
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- includes rugged, waterproof travel case with an ultra-durable polypropylene shell and padded interior
- frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz; usable high-frequency extension to 50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 70 ohms
- weight: 17.3 oz.
- warranty: 3 years (planar drivers), 1 year (earpads, enclosure, headband, and cable)
What's in the box:
- LCD-2 over-the-ear headphones with black lambskin leather headband and ear pads
- 8' Flat audio cable (dual 4-pin mini-XLR plugs on one end and 1/4" plug on the other end)
- Professional travel case
- User Manual
- Certificate of Authenticity
|Vendor Item Number||100-L2-1020-01|