- Take your listening to Hi-Res Audio status with the ATH-W1000Z audiophile headphones, the 11th generation of our prized W Series. Featuring uniquely grained wood housings made of pure teak – one of the three most precious woods in the world – these headphones deliver warm, resplendent audio, aided by the wood’s ability to reflect thick, natural bass sound. The bass extension is further improved by our exclusive D.A.D.S. (Double Air Damping System) housing structure.
Both of the headphones’ 53 mm drivers is engineered with a unified yoke, comprised of two magnetic circuit parts, that boosts magnetic flux density for increased efficiency and better sound quality. The drivers also feature high-quality, bobbin-wound OFC-6N voice coils that ensure nuanced sound reproduction.
Lightweight and highly rigid magnesium frames and baffles, affixed to the wood housings via a special “floating mount” system, help to reduce unwanted resonance. Resonance is further reduced by our 3D wing support mechanism, which also provides a great, comfortable fit that can be enjoyed for hours on end.
The ATH-W1000Z comes equipped with a 3.0 m dual-sided, four-core parallel cable with a thermoplastic elastomer sheath to prevent tangling. The cable terminates in a 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated plug with a wooden sleeve.
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- 11th generation of Audio-Technica's prized W Series
- Pure teak wood housing produces warm, resplendent sound
- 3D wing support for a great fit and long-wearing comfort
- Large 53 mm aperture drivers feature specially built two-part magnetic circuit that produces high-speed magnetic streams for improved sound quality
- D.A.D.S. (Double Air Damping System) structure provides deep bass reproduction
- Floating mount system brings out the natural sound properties of the wood housing
- 3.0 m tangle-free conductor cable with thermoplastic elastomer sheath
- 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug with wooden sleeve
|Driver Diameter||53 mm|
|Frequency Response||5 – 42,000 Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||2,000 mW|
|Cable||3.0 m (dual-sided), 4-core parallel cable/OFC6N + OFC/Elastomer sheath|
|Connector||6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated plug with wooden sleeve|