The FiiO BTR1 is a Bluetooth receiver with an integrated DAC. It is intended to give you, the listener, a more refined, detailed, articulate, and sonically pleasing experience when listening to music over Bluetooth. Quite often, Bluetooth streaming leaves something to be desired—music can sound tinier, thinner, and describable with other pejorative adjectives. At the center of the BTR1 is the AK4376 DAC, which handles sample rates and resolutions up to 384 kHz / 32-bit. This DAC is housed alongside FiiO’s Bluetooth Chip architecture to provide support for Bluetooth 4.2, as well as Bluetooth aptX and SBC.
Surrounding these components is a sleek aluminum-alloy chassis, which can stylishly clip onto your shirt pocket or shoulder strap. A microphone is provided so you can take phone calls in between tunes. A built-in rechargeable battery lasts for eight hours, ensuring you can listen to music wirelessly for a long time. If your iOS or Android device doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack, this can serve as a high-quality method to stream great sounding music to your device.
- AK4376 DAC
- The BTR1 uses an AK4376 DAC to handle its digital-decoding duties. Compared to the typical integrated Bluetooth music solution, you'll notice the ability to higher sample rates and resolutions (up to 384 kHz / 32-bit), as well as a noticeably better output power and signal-to-noise ratio. All of this will help you bring your music closer to how it was intended to be heard, even over Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth 4.2
- The BTR1 supports Bluetooth 4.2 with an effective transmission distance of up to 10m. It works with SBC and aptX audio formats, supporting Bluetooth voice calls by means of its built-in omnidirectional microphone, located on the back of the unit.
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices
- The BTR1 is compatible with both iOS and Android Devices, and supports both TRS and TRRS headphones. As the BTR1 has been designed with its own controls and microphone, any inline remote/mic in your headphones will be disabled.
- Long Battery Life
- The built-in rechargeable lithium battery charges to full capacity in two hours. It lasts up to eight hours at a clip. The battery sports a 205mAh battery capacity.
- Clear Status Indicators
- The blue and red lights on the BTR1 instantly show you if your unit is on, pairing, exhibiting low battery, or charging.
- Strong and Compact All-Aluminum Body
- The BTR1 sports a sleek, aluminum-alloy body finished in black. Its compact, yet stylish design fits easily in your pocket or clips to your backpack shoulder strap.
- Easy-to-Use 3-Button Design
- On the front of the BTR1 is a single button that accomplishes many tasks, such as turning the unit on and off, playing and pausing, pairing with Bluetooth devices, activating EQ, and other operations. On the side are two volume keys that can be easily found and operated within your pocket.
- Built-In Special Effects
- The BTR1 sports reverb, spatial effects for 3D simulation, and other special effects to enhance your movie watching, gaming, or listening experience.
- Other Features at a Glance
- Check battery level straight from your iOS device (also works with some Android devices)
Compatible with FiiO’s RC-MMCX1 cable for another way to enjoy high-quality wireless music
Supports two devices at once
|Audio Input||Bluetooth connection (Bluetooth 4.2 supported)|
|Bluetooth Codecs||SBC, aptX|
|Headphone Output||3.5 mm stereo jack|
|Volume Control||Side buttons|
|Headphone Impedance||16 to approximately 100 Ohms|
|Drive Ability||16 to approximately 100 Ohms|
|Maximum Input Level||0 dB|
|Output Impedance||< 0.2 Ohms|
|SNR||≥ 95 dB (A-weighted)|
|THD+N||< 0.04% (1 kHz / 32 Ohms)|
|Charging Time||≤ 2 Hours (5 VDC, 500 mA)|
|Output Power||≥ 30 mW (16 Ohms / THD <1%)
≥ 15 mW (32 Ohms / THD <1%)
|Output Current||> 22 mA maximum|
|Channel Imbalance||0.2 dB|
|Peak Output Voltage||2 V p-p|
|Crosstalk||≥ 72 dB|
|Power Input||Recommended: 5 VDC, 500 mA (micro-USB charging port)|
|Battery Life (approx.)||8 Hours|
|Dimensions||0.9 x 2.0 x 0.5" / 24.0 x 50.0 x 11.5 mm|
|Weight||0.7 oz / 20.5 g|
|Package Weight||0.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.2 x 2.7 x 1.2"|