Fostex have long since used RP (Regular Phase) diaphragm technology in their acclaimed professional studio headphones such as the T20RPmk2 and the recent T-series models.
The new TH500RP model now combines this RP technology with the design philosophy and flair of the TH900, resulting in a set premium headphones which deliver a simply stunning high resolution sound, with sparkling highs, rich mid tones and high quality lows.
- Employs the uniquely developed RP (Regular Phase) diaphragm which consists of etched copper foil on the surface with high heat resistant polyimide film as the base material. The distinctive characteristic of planar diaphragm is further evolved by newly tuning the entire driver unit
- The high specific gravity resin baffle plate deliveres a high resolution sound with rich mid range and good quality lows and a reduction in unwanted resonance
- The use of aluminum and magnesium for structural parts, the TH500RP achieves a high quality texture and light weight. A unique punched metal is used for the housing, which pays hammage the original RP headphone design.
- The high quality soft leather ear pad ensures the optimum distance between the diaphragm and the ear for a comfortable listening experience even in prolonged use
- The connecting cable is made of "HiFC"(*) which for the ultimate sonic purity and superior conductivity
- The gold plated plug features the "Fostex" logo
- The package includes a quality leather texture pouch for protection during transportation
Type: Open RP (Regular Phase) dynamic type
Frequency Response: 20 – 30kHz
Impedance: 48 ohm
Maximum Input: 3,000mW
Weight: approx. 380g (without cord)
Cord Length: 3m (Y-type)
Plug: 1/4" stereo phone (gold plated)
Accessory: Leather texture pouch