Attenuate Your Amp, Record Direct with Speaker Emulation, and More
Play your tube amplifier at neighbor-friendly volume levels, or play without a speaker cabinet at all, with the Two Notes Torpedo Captor reactive load box, direct box, attenuator and speaker simulator. Based on the acclaimed Torpedo Reload, the Torpedo Captor is your solution for attenuating your amp's volume as well as sending your tone direct to a PA or recording system. Suitable for amps up to 100 watts, the Torpedo Captor's -20dB attenuator allows for cranked-amp tones at lower volume levels. And built-in speaker simulation allows you to record the full sonic intensity of your amplifier direct to your DAW, without miking up a speaker cabinet.
Get cranked-amp tones at reasonable volume levels
Whether you want to keep stage volume down, or desire quieter recording sessions without sacrificing your amp's tone, the Two Notes Torpedo Captor is an outstanding solution. Put it between your tube amplifier head and your speaker cabinet, and you'll be able to crank your amp while attenuating its output by -20dB.
A smart tool for a variety of stage setups and gig situations
You can use the Torpedo Captor without any attenuation as well — at that point it becomes a simple solution for splitting your guitar tone, driving a speaker cab at full volume onstage while also allowing you to inject speaker-emulated tone direct to a PA or recording device. The analog speaker emulation in Torpedo Captor is derived from the acclaimed Le Preamp series of pedals, known for their detailed and focused speaker cab simulations. You can even add a Torpedo C.A.B. to create a massive collection of different IR Cab Simulations.
Wall of Sound III plug-in for sonic flexibility after recording
When you get the Torpedo Captor, you'll also gain access to the free Wall of Sound III plug-in offering 16 IR Cab Sims, covering everything from compact speakers to full stacks. Record your amplifier through the Torpedo Captor to your DAW while bypassing the built-in speaker simulation, then use the Wall of Sound III plug-in to fine-tune the speaker simulation with control over virtual microphone type, mic placement and more. You'll have more control over your tone during mixdown.
- Reactive load box, direct box, attenuator and speaker emulation for electric guitar amps (4 ohm)
- 100-watt reactive load box allows you to play your guitar amp without a speaker cabinet
- -20dB attenuator allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels
- Speaker simulation is perfect for sending your amp's tone direct to a PA or recording device
- Speaker Thru allows you to connect direct and to a speaker cabinet simultaneously
- Wall of Sound III cabinet model plug-in lets you achieve true-to-life studio miking of your amp within your DAW
- Power Handling:100W RMS max
- Impedance:4 ohms
- Inputs:1 x 1/4" (powered signal in)
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (thru full, -20dB), 1 x 1/4" (line level), 1 x XLR (DI out)
- Power Source:For use of XLR direct out and speaker simulation - 48V phantom power / 9-24V DC power supply (sold separately)