The ATOM Dynamic Tom Microphone from Avantone is a ruggedly designed tome microphone that is well suited for congas, bass cabinets, and other similar instruments.
The ATOM delivers large low-end and fast, penetrating attacks for recording and live sound reinforcement. Its big-tone requires little or no EQ processing and the dynamic capsule is capable of handling high SPL before distortion, and features a cardioid polar pattern.
Its elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish features nickel trim, rugged black grill and no breakable plastic components.
The microphone is shipped with a PK-1 Pro-Klamp drum rim mount. The mount allows for close, adjustable positioning without bulky microphone stands, and is constructed with three stages of rubber dampening and decoupling material to suppress noise cased by vibration and rigorous playing. A shockmount (SSM) and rugged padded carrying case are also included.
- Incorporates an oversize capsule that captures extended low-end as well as a penetrating attack. The Atom is custom voiced to yield a fat, big sound that often requires no EQ at all
- Because of the special voicing on the Atom, it also is fantastic on djembe, large congas, bass amp cabinets and other similar sources
- Die cast from zinc, with a brass and steel grill assembly and no plastic parts to break
- Machined insets on the barrel of the microphone body to lock the included SSM shockmount in place
- The included PK-1 Pro-Klamp drum rim mic mount allows confident microphone positioning while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations with three stages of rubber dampening/decoupling material. This isolation allows for professional results without the need for traditional tripod/boom stands