- Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during warranty period
At first glance of the NTR you’re aware that it’s very special and unique – an intricate blend of art and science.
Designed to hang in the world’s finest recording studios and performance halls equally as well as home studio spaces, its existence is a labour of love for RØDE. Every element of the NTR, from the transformer to the ribbon element itself, has been designed and created in-house at RØDE’s headquarters in Sydney, Australia. All with the aim of crafting the finest ribbon microphone available.
Sonically, the NTR is capable of reproducing unprecedented high frequency detail and accuracy, addressing common criticisms of other ribbon microphones, while opening up the possible usage scenarios considerably. This allows it to record sound sources that usually require a more sensitive microphone element.
|Acoustic Principle||Velocity Transducer|
|Active Electronics||Step-up Transformer and signal balanced preamp stage|
|Frequency Range||20Hz - 20kHz|
|Maximum SPL||130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Sensitivity||-30.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (30.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||15dB-A|
|Dimensions||216mmH x 65mmW x 65mmD|