Confidently jump into the world of wireless audio with the Rode Wireless GO, an incredibly compact wireless microphone system offering secure Series III 2.4 GHz transmission and easy operability for mobile journalists, videographers, and vloggers of any experience level. The system is ready to go at the press of a button; you can focus on getting the shot knowing that the Wireless GO is delivering broadcast-quality audio at a range of up to 230 feet. There are no menus and no finicky dials, just simple power-on-and-go functionality and a bright, informative LCD screen showing you what you need to see.
The Wireless GO is a complete system comprised of a miniature clip-on transmitter with a built-in, broadcast-grade omnidirectional microphone capsule, a miniature clip-on receiver, a 3.5mm receiver-to-camera cable, a USB charging cable, two furry windshields, and a storage pouch—everything you need to get up and running in the field. Clip the transmitter onto your subject's clothing or belt, clip the receiver near your recording device, then connect the receiver's output to your recorder's input; whether you use the transmitter's integrated mic or hook up your own lavalier, you're assured to achieve clear, crisp, intelligible audio.
Out of the Box, Onto the Set
- Designed with stunning simplicity and efficiency in mind, the Rode Wireless GO offers near-instantaneous functionality out of the box for your next news shoot, video project, or interview. Power up, press a button to pair, then GO!
- Mobile journalists, videographers, and vloggers will appreciate the Wireless GO's pocket- and bag-friendly portability. With the transmitter and receiver each weighing just one ounce and measuring approximately 1.7 x 1.7 x 0.7 inches, the subject and camera operator will forget they're even there!
- Clip the miniature transmitter to clothing, attach it to a belt, or slide it in a pocket; use it as a lavalier mic (no need for a separate mic), or operate it as a traditional bodypack transmitter with your preferred external lav mic (available separately).
- Thanks to the receiver's minute form factor and integrated clip, it provides the flexibility to be easily mounted on a camera, in a sound bag, or to a mobile device. Its bright, high-contrast display shows battery status for the receiver and transmitter, audio level, signal strength, and more.
No External Mic? No Problem!
- Equipped with a pre-polarized omnidirectional lavalier built into the transmitter's compact housing, the Wireless GO delivers broadcast-quality audio without demanding an external microphone.
- The internal capsule's omnidirectional polar pattern ensures reliable audio pickup even if mic placement is less than ideal, and the 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range naturally attenuates sub-bass tones such as rumble and boominess; your subject's voice will be captured with clarity, intelligibility, and consistency.
Grab a Mic and Go
- Already have a top-of-the-line external lav? The transmitter packs in a 3.5mm TRS input with plug-in power, so you can connect most 3.5mm jack-equipped lavalier microphones and still enjoy the convenience of the Wireless GO.
- The 3.5mm TRS external mic input passes wideband audio from 20 Hz to 20 kHz along to the internal mic preamp, which provides robust dynamic range and requires no manipulation of settings or parameters.
Sonically Solid and Secure
- Like Rode's popular RODELink wireless systems, the Wireless GO system utilizes the 2.4 GHz frequency band to get you away from the congested and confusing domain of UHF. Forget about scanning for channels and dialing in squelch to get a strong signal; the Wireless GO just works!
- Courtesy of Rode's optimized transmission algorithm, the Wireless GO empowers you with a range of up to 230 feet, and bolsters signal dependability to mitigate drop-outs in crowded short-range environments such as retail stores, malls, office buildings, and hotels.
- Rode Series III 2.4 GHz digital transmission incorporates 128-bit encryption for security, stability, and hassle-free operation while bypassing the frustration of dealing with licenses and frequency mandates. Go anywhere in the world with the Wireless GO; it automatically gives you a strong signal no matter the scenario.
- The receiver's 3.5mm TRS output sends a mic-level signal, making it compatible with an array of devices from DSLRs and mirrorless cameras to smartphones, tablets, and audio recorders.
- Low, medium, and high (0 dB, -6 dB, and -12 dB) receiver gain settings allow simple and effective optimization of signal levels.
- View transmitter and receiver battery levels on the receiver's bright, high-contrast display.
- Operate up to eight systems simultaneously for more complex setups.
- Includes SC2 right-angle 3.5mm TRS coiled cable for compatibility with DSLRs and mirrorless cameras as well as a variety of smartphones and tablets.
- Internal lithium-ion polymer batteries offer up to seven hours of battery life to handle long shoots.
- USB Type-C ports for battery recharging, powering via external USB battery packs (available separately), and firmware updates.
- Easily recharge over lunch and dinner breaks—go from empty to a full charge in just two hours.
- Includes two fur windshields to minimize noise from wind and rustling clothes.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital 2.4 GHz|
|Included Transmitters||1 x Bodypack with Microphone|
|Max Operating Range||229.7' / 70 m|
|Max Systems per Setup||8|
|Dynamic Range||100 dBA (Mic Input)|
|Operating Principle||Pressure Operated|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level||21.8 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||100 dB SPL|