Hexmix System is a six channel performance mixer specially designed for Eurorack.
The system has two separate modules, the core of the mixer: Hexmix that has six channels with three band EQ, mute, pan and EQ section on the master, and Hexpander that add three auxiliar sends per channel, PFL, individual outs and balanced output.
The mixer has a strong inspiration in classical DJ mixers, providing sharp EQ’s for enhanced performance, auxilliar send for effects and individual outputs to record your performance per channel.
The unique Mute Section is a powerful tool for performances, providing a momentary mute function controlled by vactrols and adding a smooth release to the signal decay.
The system is designed to be placed in 6U, instead of the traditional 3U paradigm in Eurorack. So we will have every feature for each channel vertically as a conventional tabletop mixing deck.
- This is a six channels mixer with three band EQ, vactrol mutes, pan and volume control per channel.
- Inputs for every channel are located at left side of Hexmix. Each jack is normalized to a VCA Expander connection in the back, so if you have a Hexmix VCA , you will have the output of each VCA to every input. connecting a jack in any input will disconnect whatever is coming from VCA.
- Each Channel Strip is divided in four basic sections, that will go in the following order: Gain, Mute, EQ and Pan.
- Gain is set to unity, so it will act as an attenuator of the input signal. Mutes are clickless, as they are vactrol based. This circuit provide some decay on the mutes, rather than a sharp cut.
- Swithces have latch position and momentary ones to unmute the channel, providing some really nice performative capabilities.
- EQs are quite sharp (12dB) inspired in classic dj mixers to aggresively cut selected frequencies.
– Current needs: +12: 106mA -12: 88mA +5: 0mA
– Width: 28HP
– Depth: 27mm.
– Aluminium, heat-treated front panel
– Designed, kits prepared and assembled in Barcelona