The ESX-8GT Mk3 is a gate expander module for the Expert Sleepers ES-4. It offers eight digital outputs, which can be used to emit, for instance, gate, trigger or clock signals. The Mk3 version is passive, meaning the module does not need to be powered. It delivers signals with a +5 V amplitude. Instead of separate LEDs, the Mk3 version features backlit connectors.
- Up to five ES-4 Gate Expanders can be attached to an ES-4 - One module per ES-4 channel. (The 8 outputs of the Gate Expander reflect the 8 bits of CV information passed to the ES-4's DACs.) Therefore, you can combine the modules to create a system with up to 40 independent gate outputs, all driven by a single S/PDIF connector.
- The eight outputs of one expander correspond to the eight bits of the CV information at the digital / analog converter of the ES-4.
- Output voltages: 0 V / +5 V.
- One LED per channel shows gate activity.
- The module is passive and consumes no power.
- Eight 3.5mm minijack sockets (mono), DC coupled.
- Internal connection to the ES-4
- 3U Eurorack module, 4 HP wide, 24 mm deep
- Passive module = No power consumption