The WMD Crater is a hybrid analog/digital bass drum module that's great for everything from lasers and bass lines to rattling techno kicks. One secret to sonically interesting drum sounds is layering sounds together, which Crater does by introducing a triangle-core analog VCO, three clipping modes, and a digital click section. The pitch envelope makes great 909 sounds and the 1V/Oct tracking lets your make 808-style hip-hop bass lines.
A unique feature is the sustain control, inspired by samplers in gate mode. It allows you to use varying gate lengths to add dynamic animation to your kicks, while retaining the decay length. The digital side introduces a high-end attack or click, as well as delayed noise that lets the kick cut through the mix. Body adds a bit of delayed noise, which simulates things in the room being affected by the kick like the wires in a snare drum. The timbre control adds additional tonal control to the sound of the click. Three different clipping modes and saturation control add character to the bass drum from soft warmth to aggressive speaker rumbling kicks.
- Hybrid analog/digital kick drum module for Eurorack synthesizers
- Analog triangle core oscillator
- Integrated pitch envelope for classic 909-style kick sounds
- Sustain function for sequencing with gates
- 1V/Oct tracking
- Three different integrated clipping modes
- Saturation for extra bite and grit
- Wide-range VCA envelope
- Digital attack section for clean, precise onsets
- Body control for extra tonal options
- Eurorack module
- Width: 8hp
- Depth: 38mm
- Current draw: 120mA @ +12V, 80mA @ -12V