R3 Distortion 5th Anniversary Edition takes the RAT type dirt box experience to the next level. Featuring very intuitive and useable controls, R3 unleashes the fullest potential of a RAT type distortion and expands its tonal territories like no others.
The Baxandall EQ allows smooth, precise blend of treble and bass to help cutting through any mix with ease. The Body knob further enhances R3’s tone shaping capabilities with its effective mid boost/scoop control, allowing users to dial in just the right EQ contour for rhythm or lead.
3-way filter toggle switch:
- Top = No filter. Bright, edgy top end for heavy tone
- Centre = Standard. Less top end clipping while retaining clarity
- Bottom = Smooth, rounded top end. Turn up the Tone and lower the Body can give you some overdrive-like tone.
G.A.S.: Clipping texture
- G= germanium, A = asymmetrical, S= silicon
- G = Smooth and well balanced, enhances harmonics
- A = Less fizzy top end, fat and ballsy. Good for classic rock lead
- S = More aggressive clipping. Tighter bass, punchy and responsive
- Polypropylene tone caps
- 1/2 watt carbon comp resistors
- Pro audio grade op amp
- 20 AWG solid core wires
- 4.5" (L) x 3.5" (W) x 2" (H) [2.5" including knobs] 1.1 lb
- 11.5 cm (L) x 9cm (W) x 5cm (H) [6.5cm including knobs] 430g
- 9V DC to 18V DC or battery
- Current draw: 6mA
- True bypass