is a stereo, multi-function digital reverb capable of searing volume, gated walls of sound, and long, trailing reverberant ambiances with an intuitive array of controls designed with real-time mood-bending in mind. It’s the finely tuned and infinitely tweakable result of Oliver Ackermann’s lifelong obsession with reverb effects units.
ROOMS’ six reverb algorithms – ROOM, DIGIT, PEAK, WAVE, GATE, and GONG – have been meticulously programmed in-house to deliver an endless universe of sounds, and to aid in their exploration, the pedal features an ALT footswitch. This switch engages a secondary set of controls that allows the user to seamlessly shift between settings and also activates the expression pedal (optional) for hands-free space-and-time travel of a cosmic auditory nature.
An output mixer designed in collaboration with Electronic Audio Experiments provides pristine, studio-quality control of the wet and dry signals from -inf to 20x gain, making ROOMS sound right at home on pedalboards, at front-of-house, and in the recording studio, and with gain to spare. Rooms' creative I/O switching and dual mono dry signal lines allows for a wealth of possible mono and stereo configurations, making it easy to route signals for parallel processing or stereo amplifier setups.
- Six unique, meticulously programmed stereo reverb algorithms
- ROOM – A classic reverb that simulates many different rooms
- DIGIT – A filter matrix verb capable of creating otherworldly resonances and fractured repeats.
- PEAK – A super intense bandpass filter combined with an ambient reverb.
- WAVE – A gated reverb. Short reverb times create a classic gate effect, long reverb times create a controllable freeze effect.
- GATE – Creates a pitch vibrato effect. Lowering TIME will blend out the reverb signal, allowing sweeps from chorus/vibrato to long modulated reverbs.
- GONG – Ethereal, crushed reverb sounds guaranteed to make you a star in the upcoming remake of DUNE and live out your sci-fi fantasies of space travel and galactic domination. Control the spice, control the universe.
- ALT footswitch switches between two sets of controls and engages expression pedal (optional)
- Clever I/O switching also allows for a variety of routing possibilities for parallel processing and stereo amplifier setups
- Hi-fidelity output mixer designed in collaboration with Electronic Audio Experiments
- Dimensions: 5.95" x 3.86" x 2.96" (including hardware)
- Weight: 18oz.
- Power: 80 mA, 9V (runs on a standard 2.1 mm negative center 9V adapter)
- Expression Pedal: Almost any expression pedal will work with ROOMS. When not plugged in, the controls work as normal. NOTE: Expression control ONLY controls the F or T knobs when ALT mode is engaged and when an expression pedal is plugged in.