Twin Stereo Tracks, Built-In Effects, & Pro I/O
BOSS celebrates the 10th anniversary of the LoopStation with an exciting new lineup of RC-series loopers! First out of the gate is the RC-30, a Twin Pedal multitrack looper with two synchronized stereo tracks and built-in loop effects. Plug in your instrument of choice, or even a microphone; an XLR input is provided, complete with phantom power. Record for up to three hours direct to internal memory, adding effects as you go. The USB 2.0 port lets you save your loops externally, and import/export WAV files.
- Twin Pedal multitrack looper with true stereo I/O
- Two synchronized stereo tracks with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 onboard memory phrases for storing loops
- Built-in effects for processing loops
- Multiple inputs: 1/4" A and B input jacks, stereo 1/8" mini AUX input jack, XLR input jack with phantom power
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on batteries or optional AC power supply
Twin Stereo Loops
Create and stack multi-layered loops with twin stereo tracks — each track being independently controllable with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons. Creating loops is convenient with the Auto Recording feature, which starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, bass, keyboard, or singing, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky’s the limit, with three hours of recording time!
Fans of BOSS’s world-famous effects will be pleased to find a lineup of creative effects onboard the RC-30. Bend Down provides a dramatic pitch-bend effect. Step Phaser changes phase in incremental steps. Sweep Filter alters frequency in sync with the current tempo. Tempo Delay produces a tempo-synced delay effect. Lo-Fi intentionally degrades the sound to create a distinctive character. Dunk your loops in cool effects without the cost and hassle of adding external gear.
Vocalists can plug a microphone of their choice directly into the RC-30’s XLR microphone input, complete with phantom power if you wish to use a condenser mic. Sing, overdub, and make multi-layered loops of your voice, create vocal sound-effects patterns, or point the microphone at your acoustic musical instruments, or anything that makes noise and turn it into a cool loop. You don’t have to be a musician to get in on the LoopStation action!
To keep your loops tight and in time, play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-30’s onboard library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
You can connect the RC-30 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-30 phrases to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-30. The RC-30 accepts 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size.
In addition to recording your instrument performances and turning them into playable loops, you can record other external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player or other device connected to the AUX input can easily be recorded and added to your loop.
- Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 dBu (variable)
- INST IN: -20 dBu
- AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms
- INST IN: 1 M ohm
- AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours
- Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases
- Number of tracks: 2
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Rhythm Type
- Hi-Hat, Kick & Hi-Hat, Rock 1, Rock 2, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, Latin, Percussion
- Effect Type
- BEND DOWN, STEP PHASER, SWEEP FILTER, TEMPO DELAY, Lo-Fi
- USB Interface
- Hi-Speed USB mass storage device class
- REC/PLAY/OVERDUB pedal switch, STOP/TAP TEMPO pedal switch, MIC INPUT LEVEL knob, MEMORY DOWN button, MEMORY UP button, MEMORY WRITE button, MEMORY DELETE button, RHYTHM OUTPUT LEVEL knob, RHYTHM ON/OFF button, RHYTHM TYPE button, RHYTHM TAP TEMPO button, TRACK 1 slider, TRACK 1 SELECT button, TRACK 2 slider, TRACK 2 SELECT button, LOOP FX ON/OFF, LOOP FX TYPE button, PHANTOM switch
- POWER indicator, REC/PLAY (DUB) indicators, PEAK indicator, TRACK 1 STATUS indicator, TRACK 2 STATUS indicator, BEND DOWN indicator, STEP PHASER indicator, SWEEP FILTER indicator, TEMPO DELAY indicator, Lo-Fi indicator
- 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- MIC IN Jack: XLR type (balanced/phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA),
- INST IN Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type,
- AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type,
- OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type,
- FOOT SW Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type,
- USB Connector,
- DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Alkaline (AA, LR6) or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6,
- AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- * Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
- Current Draw
- Maximum 195 mA (DC 9 V)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 7.5 hours
- Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6): Approx. 1.5 hours
- These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Included Accessories
- Owner’s Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Options (sold separately)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series), Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6)
- Size and Weight
- 173 mm
- 6-13/16 inches
- 158 mm
- 6-1/4 inches
- 57 mm
- 2-1/4 inches
- 1.2 kg
- 2 lbs. 11 oz.