The Avantone MixCubes Full-Range Mini Reference Monitors are a pair of passive professional studio reference monitors specifically tailored to produce the useful musical range of 90Hz to 17kHz. In today's world of high definition media, it is still necessary to mix music that translates and sounds as defined on lo-fi speakers such as laptops and smartphones, as well as hi-fi full-range HD audio systems. The MixCubes provide audio engineers with accurate and detailed mid-frequency referencing, leaving the larger 2-way and 3-way monitoring systems to bass and high-frequency referencing.
The MixCubes are passive and handle up to 200 watts (8 ohms) from an external amplifier. The 5.25" driver is enclosed in a handsome MDF cabinet with a black finish. The input connector features 3-way CE rated plastic encased metal binding posts that accept up to 12-gauge wire, spade lugs and dual banana plugs. The MixCubes' small size make them easy to place in any studio setting, and as an added feature, Avantone installed 5/8"-27 thread microphone stand fittings to the base of each speaker.
- Mid Referencing
- Studios primarily use larger 2-way & 3-way monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels. However, in this newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to also hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, iPod docking stations, etc. It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes have a smooth, more open, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining their basic original character.
- 3-Way Binding Post Connections
- 3-way CE rated plastic encased metal binding post speaker connections accept up to 12-gauge wire, spade lugs and dual banana plugs
- Quality 5.25" Drivers
- The paper cone, chosen for its musical character, is custom designed & crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers added for lighter weight & rigidity. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances. The Top Plate and T-Yoke of the driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel, enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. high-power, low-distortion motor structure.
- Flexible Placement
- The bottom mic stand mounts will also allow you creative positioning options in unusual studio playback situations.