Stereo Dipole from Steady State Fate is a versatile multipeak VCF capable of taking any sound into both familiar, and highly underexplored sonic territories. The possible applications range from simple filtering to frequency based stereo panning to formant synthesis, and more.
The module is comprised of two identical multimode filter sections that can be used either independently or in stereo. To facilitate this controls labeled as Stereo Freq, and Stereo Res are added to the panel extending the independently available per-channel—Freq, Res, and Spread.
Both filter sections include single peak pole, and dual peak pole outputs, Pole and Dipole respectively. Each of these outputs can be individually configured to bandpass, highpass, or lowpass via the switches right above them. The Dipole outputs can be routed either in parallel to each other, or in series, which opens up a whole new set of filter topologies, such as Notch, and Variable Width Bandpass. Sharing the same parameters and routing configurations, the module includes a separate quad peak monophonic Dipole A/B output.
Stereo Dipole also features drive circuits on both inputs that are capable of clipping and saturating sine waves, adding enough harmonic richness to it, so that the signal is useable by the filter. The potential to self-oscillate at high resonance settings makes this filter suitable to be used as a voice on its own, with sounds ranging from clean sines to chaotic, distorted screams.
Pretty much all of the parameters on the Stereo Dipole are voltage controllable, making it an excellent companion to any module that can generate lots of CV. Together this plethora of features and routing options make the Stereo Dipole from SSF one of the strongest filter candidates in the Eurorack universe.
- Complex quad multimode filter for Eurorack modular synthesizers
- Organized into two sides with two filter cores each
- Can be used for complex binaural panning, formant filtering, and standard filtering effects
- Each side offers Drive, Freq, Spread, and Resonance controls
- FM, Resonance, Spread, & 1V/Oct CV inputs for each side
- Stereo Freq, Stereo Res, Stereo FM, and Stereo Res CV controls affect both sides by adding to their individually defined values
- Selection of Highpass, Bandpass, and Lowpass modes for each filter core
- Individual outputs for each core, as well as grouped outputs
- Options for Serial or Parallel operation for each side
- High resonance yields self-oscillation with a range of over 20 octaves
- A input normalized to B input for stereo upmixing of mono sources
- Eurorack module
- Width: 20hp
- Depth: 23mm
- Current draw: 150mA @ +12V, 150mA @ -12V