It not only shares the 3-band Equalizer with his big brother, the 1073, but also shares the same transformer coupled line preamp and Class A transformer balanced output stage.
These facts make the 73EQ JR unique on its class, being able to capture a full transformer based, Class A sound without relying on external preamps.
The Equalizer features the same Baxandall type High and Low shelf found in the 1073, with the addition of a high frequency selector switch. 4 different frequencies are possible instead of the fixed 12Khz one.
The mid band is the same exact dual inductor 1073 one, thick low and sweet high midrange boosts without being muddy or brittle!
The line preamp has a range of +6 to -20dB, allowing heavy eq boosts without overloadingA/D converters.
Finally, special care has been taken with power handling, implementing internal +24v slow turn on regulation (about 20 seconds to reach full voltage ). This makes your 73EQ JR independent of the rest of the slots and makes your lunchbox´s PSU happier.
- 70dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics.
- 10dB Class A Line Amplifier, Bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
- Class A, single ended, 2N3055 driven high headroom output stage.
- High Frequency: +/-16dB shelving at 12 kHz, Baxandall type.
- Low Frequency: +/-16dB with selectable frequency shelving of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz, Baxandall type.
- Mid Frequency: +/-18dB peaking, fixed 'Q' , selectable center frequencies of 0.36kHz, 0.7kHz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz , and 7.2kHz , dual inductor based.
- High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 50Hz, 80Hz , 160 Hz & 300Hz, inductor based.
- EQ Button: Switches the equalizer on or off.
- Phase Button: Flips phase 180º.
- Input Impedance: 10 Kohms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a 600 ohms load.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 Ohms.
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz
- Maximum gain: 6 dB
- Power consumption: Less than 85 mA per rail at +-16VDC.
Manufacturer Part Number : HA73EQJR