The black FiiO M7 is a portable high-resolution lossless audio player designed to deliver wired or wireless audio reproduction for audiophiles and music lovers on the go. It boasts a quad-core Exynos 7270 14nm processor, 2GB of internal storage, and support for a microSD card up to 512GB in capacity. Listen to music via the built-in FM tuner, stream LDAC, aptX, or aptX-HD audio via Bluetooth 4.2, or play a variety of file types such WAV, FLAC, AAC, and MP3. The M7 supports DSD as well as PCM audio and compressed files.
A 3.2" color TFT touchscreen displays the easy-to-use UI in 480 x 800 resolution at 292 ppi. The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of playback time using the headphone output or up to 30 hours of operating time using the Bluetooth output. Charging, file transfers, and USB audio are handled via the USB Type-C port. A 3.5mm stereo mini jack functions as a headphone or line output. The M7 ships with a custom USB Type-C cable, a water-resistant case, and a tempered glass screen protector.
- Samsung Exynos Processor
- The M7 is FiiO's first player to use Samsung's Exynos 7270 SoC, made on the 14nm FinFET process. When compared to the older 28nm process, the Exynos 7270's two ARM A53 cores use 20% less power for greater power efficiency and better battery life. Being made with Samsung's SiP-ePoP packaging technology allows the storage, power management, and memory chips to be combined with the ARM cores into a package 40% smaller than if the chips were packaged separately. The resulting extra space enables better cooling and a larger battery.
- 6-Layer PCB Technology
- At only 0.8mm thick, the 6-layer, multi-stage HDI PCB allows more functionality to be packed in. The incorporation of blind and buried vias on the PCB brings components closer together and makes the power supply section more robust.
- High-Fidelity Bluetooth
- The M7's Samsung Bluetooth 4.2 chip supports aptX, aptX-HD, and Sony LDAC for transmission of up to three times the data of ordinary Bluetooth. These high-fidelity formats can be enjoyed providing that your Bluetooth headphones also support them.
- USB Audio Output
- Use the M7 as a digital transport when connected to an external device via USB (micro-USB to USB Type-C cable sold separately. The USB audio output functionality supports various sample rates and DSD up to DSD128.
- ESS Sabre 9018 DAC
- The ESS Sabre 9018Q2C chip has independent power supplies for the digital and analog sections (separate from the dual power supplies of the internal headphone amplifier) and an adjustable low-pass filter, which provides developers with more sonic flexibility. It delivers up to 49 mW of output power at a THD+N rating of less than 100 dB. It also boasts a signal-to-noise ratio of -121 dB, THD+N of -115 dB, support for PCM resolutions up to 32-bit/384 kHz, and support for DSD resolutions up to 11.2 MHz.
- FPGA for DSD
- A specially-designed FPGA handles the digital audio from the Exynos 7270 SoC to the ESS 9018Q2C. It allows support for native DSD up to DSD64 in DFF or DSF. Being linked to the two crystal oscillators, it ensures that music of any sampling rate is accurately reproduced.
- Built-In FM Tuner
- The dedicated Si4705 FM chip offers enhanced FM reception and low interference while using your headphones as an antenna. FM frequencies from 76 to 108 MHz are covered.
- Built-In Rechargeable Battery
- The internal 1880 mAh battery provides up to 20 hours of playback time through the headphones, up to 30 hours of operating time using the Bluetooth output, or up to 40 days of standby time. It can be recharged via USB in 2.5 hours.
- Color Touchscreen
- The M7 employs a 3.2" 480 x 800 touchscreen display with image zooming support. When combined with the dedicated play/pause and skip buttons and volume wheel, every action is either a simple press or swipe away. A gesture system allows easy menu navigation.
- Built-In Storage
- Utilize the 2GB of internal storage for your favorite files in multiple formats. A microSD card slot lets you pop in expansion cards up to 512GB in capacity.
- USB Type-C
- The M7 employs a USB Type-C connector for improved convenience and functionality. Charging, file transfers, and USB audio are all supported.
- Compact Enclosure
- The small and slim aluminum body fits easily into your hand or pocket, and the large touchscreen provides a smartphone-style feel. The included TPU water-resistant case and high-visibility tempered glass screen protector grant enhanced resistance to physical damage.
- Flexible Support for Files
- The M7 supports up to 24-bit/192 kHz PCM audio and even high-resolution DSD. Whether you use APE, WAV, FLAC, WMA, OGG, AAC, ALAC, or MP3 files, you'll be able to enjoy them just the same.
- 3.5mm Analog Output
- The standard 3.5mm headphone output supports CTIA in-line controls. It also offers a line-out function for connecting the M7 to an external amplifier.
- Simple UI
- The M7's UI features six large icons for easy access to all functions. The player interface is skinned with a contemporary flat design and supports covers, lyrics, and tags.
- Battery Status Indication
- Quickly gauge how much battery life remains with the conspicuous on-screen battery meter. You can also set the M7 to remind you when the battery is low and to shut down below a specified threshold.
- Hi-Res Audio Certification
- The M7 has been certified by the Japan Audio Association to be capable of Hi-Res Audio
|DAC||1 x ES9018Q2C 32-Bit|
|External DAC Functionality||No|
|Audio Resolution||PCM: 192 kHz / 24-Bit
DSDNative: 2.822 MHz / 1-Bit
|Frequency Response||10 Hz - 90 kHz ± 3 dB (Unbalanced Headphone Out)
20 Hz - 90 kHz ± 3 dB (Unbalanced Line Out)
|Impedance||2 Ohms (Unbalanced Headphone Out)|
|Volume Control||Digital (60 Steps)|
|THD + N||0.004% at 1 kHz (Unbalanced)|
|Audio Power Output||70 mW at 16 Ohms (Unbalanced Headphone Out)
40 mW at 32 Ohms (Unbalanced Headphone Out)
|Maximum Output Voltage||3.35 Vp-p
|Signal to Noise Ratio||>117 dB (Unbalanced Headphone Out)
>117 dB (Unbalanced Line Out)
|CPU||1.4 GHz Samsung Exynos 7270 14nm Quad-Core|
|Internal Storage Capacity||2 GB|
|Maximum Storage Capacity||514 GB|
|Flash Media Slot||1 x microSD (Unspecified Type)|
|Display||3.2" LCD (480 x 800 Resolution)|
|Operation Method||Physical Buttons, Touchscreen, Volume Wheel|
|FM Frequency Range||76 - 108 MHz|
|Formats Supported||Audio: DSD, APE-FAST, Apple Lossless, AIFF, FLAC, WAV, WMA Lossless
Audio: AAC, MP3, WMA, OGG
|Bluetooth Codecs||aptX, aptX HD, LDAC|
|Connections||1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Headphone
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||2.0 x 4.3 x 0.5" / 52.0 x 109.0 x 13.0 mm|
|Weight||4.09 oz / 116 g|