A classic tube microphone preamp and 1176LN compressor in a single unit.
The 6176 Vintage Channel Strip combines the alluring, all-tube sounds of the legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 microphone preamp, with the signature FET compression of our 1176LN, to create the ultimate recording channel strip.
The warm, smooth tones of this mic preamp design — employed to record everyone from Frank Sinatra to Van Halen — and the unique characteristics of the compressor, are two major reasons why the 6176 is found in studios around the world.
- Record through the all-tube mic preamp derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Compress signals with the 1176LN Class A FET compressor section — heard on countless hit records for more than 40 years
- Use the "Split" or "Join" switch for separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- Shape your tracks through vintage UA, "handmade in the USA," circuits
Features & Specs.
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section — heard on countless hit records for more than 40 years
- "Split" or "Join" switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
- Hand-built in USA
- Microphone Input Impedance: Selectable, 500 Ω(ohms) or 2k
- Balanced Line Input Impedance: 20k Ω
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: Selectable between 2.2 M Ω or 47 k Ω
- Maximum Microphone Input Level: +18 dBu (2k input impedance and 15 dB Pad in)
- Maximum Output Level: +20 dBm
- Internal Output Impedance: 80 Ω
- Recommended Minimum Load: 600 Ω
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +0, -1 dB
- Maximum Gain: 65 dB (500 Ω input impedance)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio > 90 dB (@ maximum gain)
- Input Impedance: Selectable, 15k Ω (ohms) or 600 Ω
- Output Load: Impedance 600 Ω (floating)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ± 1 dB
- Gain: 40 dB, ± 1 dB
- Distortion: > 0.5% T.H.D. from 50 Hz – 15 kHz with limiting, at 1.1 seconds release setting. Output of +22 dBm with no greater than 0.5% T.H.D.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 75 dB
- Attack Time: Adjustable, from 20 to 800 microseconds
- Release Time: Adjustable, from 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Stereo Interconnection: Optional, using 1176SA stereo interconnect accessory
- Tube Complement: (1) 12AX7A, (1) 12AT7A
- Power Requirements: 115V/230V
- Power Connector: Detachable IEC power cable.
- Fuse: 400 mA time delay (slow blow) / 115 V200 mA time delay (slow blow) / 230 V
- Power Indicator Light: 28 V bulb (type 1819)
- Dimensions 1: 9" W x 3.5" H x 12.25" D (two rack unit)
- Weight: 12 lb.