The RME ADI-2 DAC is a high-resolution USB DAC designed to deliver premium digital-to-analog conversion and clean headphone amplification for audiophiles, music lovers, and audio engineers in hi-fi setups and home, project, and commercial studios. It supports sample rates up to 768 kHz and is compatible with PCM and DSD sources. Enhanced circuit design yields excellent jitter suppression, expansive signal-to-noise ratios, and low noise.
Route your audio players to the coaxial or optical digital inputs, or connect your computer or iOS device via USB. Stereo XLR and RCA line outputs offer a four-stage reference level selection and provide an easy connection to power amplifiers or active monitors. 1/4" and 1/8" headphone jacks accommodate a variety of headphones from traditional over-ear models to IEMs. The built-in DSP provides adjustable bass, treble, loudness, 5-band EQ, and more.
Additional luxuries include a USB cable, power supply, remote control, and the integrated AutoDark feature, which automatically turns off all the ADI-2 DAC's lights after ten seconds without user operation.
- Flexible Sample Rate Support
- Operates at up to 768 kHz via the internal clock or up to 200 kHz via external clocking. DSD and Direct DSD playback are also supported.
- Multiple Inputs
- Hook up a CD player, digital mixer, or audio interface to the coaxial or optical digital input. Class Compliance allows you to connect your computer or iOS device via USB.
- Enhanced DAC
- More relays, a different double-symmetrical attenuator circuit, and one additional buffer op-amp succeed in achieving less noise and decreased THD. Selectable hardware reference levels allow proper matching with your analog equipment.
- Low-Noise IEM Output
- An 1/8" stereo mini-jack accommodates in-ear monitors. Its noise floor is 10 dB lower than the Extreme Power output, and the output impedance is nearly zero Ohms. SNR is 118 dBA while THD remains low. The volume ramp-up and click-free on/off features aid in protecting your hearing.
- Selectable AutoDark
- All lights on the ADI-2 DAC turn off after ten seconds without user operation. Touch any button or control on the device to turn them back on for ten seconds. Or, using the remote, press any button on to turn on the lights for three seconds.
- User-Friendly Remote Control
- The included remote control features clearly labeled buttons, readable in low light and ergonomically arranged. It boasts standby on/off, volume up/down, input selection, mute, and four programmable buttons, which can be assigned with 22 available functions and commands.
- SteadyClock FS
- With SteadyClock FS, the focus was put on reducing the jitter of SteadyClock to new lows by improving its second analog PLL circuit and referencing both Direct Digital Synthesis and PLL to a low-phase-noise quartz crystal. The self jitter measured through DA conversion now reaches levels that usually are only available in master quartz clock mode, while SteadyClock still always runs in PLL mode. The sound remains the same regardless of internal or external clock mode. The low-phase-noise oscillator driving the updated circuit reaches jitter specs lower than a picosecond—an area called FemtoSecond, hence SteadyClock FS.
- Built-In DSP Processing
- DSP processing includes controls for bass, treble, loudness, 5-band parametric EQ, crossfeed, width, M/S mode, polarity, oversampling filters, and more. DSP functions are bypassed when in DSD mode, which offers output to the USB and analog jacks.
- Remote Control with Battery
- 6' / 1.8m USB Cable
- External Power Supply
- Power Cable
- Limited 6-Month Warranty
|System Requirements||Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Intel Core i3 or faster CPU
USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
Windows 7 or later
Intel Core i3 or faster CPU
USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
iOS 7 or later
iPhone or iPad
Dock- or Lightning-to-USB adapter
|Inputs||1 x RCA coaxial (compatible with S/PDIF or AES/EBU)
1 x TOSLINK optical (compatible with S/PDIF or ADAT)
|Outputs||2 x XLR 3-pin (balanced)
2 x RCA (unbalanced)
1 x 1/4" TRS headphone (unbalanced)
1 x 1/8" TRS headphone (unbalanced)
|USB||1 x USB 2.0 Type-B|
|Sample Rates||Internal Clock: 44.1 to 768 kHz
External Clock: 28 to 200 kHz
|Jitter||PLL Mode: <1 ns (all inputs)
Internal Clock: <800 ps (Random Spread Spectrum)
Suppression for External Clocks: >50 dB at 2.4 kHz
|Frequency Response||0 Hz to 20.2 kHz (-0.1 dB) at 44.1 kHz
0 Hz to 44.9 kHz (-0.5 dB) at 96 kHz
0 Hz to 88 kHz (-1 dB) at 192 kHz
0 Hz to 115 kHz (-1 dB) at 384 kHz
0 Hz to 109 kHz (-3 dB) at 768 kHz
|Input Sensitivity||<0.3 V p-p|
|Output Level||XLR: +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +7 dBu, or +1 dBu at 0 dBFS
RCA: +13 dBu, +7 dBu, +1 dBu, or -5 dBu at 0 dBFS
1/4" (High Power): +22 dBu / 10 V at 0 dBFS with 100-Ohm minimum load
1/4" (Low Power): +7 dBu / 1.73 V at 0 dBFS with 8-Ohm minimum load
1/8": -3 dBu / 0.55 V at 0 dBFS
|Maximum Power Output||1/4": 1.5 W per channel at 0.001% THD
1/8": 40 mW per channel at 0.001% THD and 8-Ohm load
|Signal to Noise Ratio||XLR at +7 dBu or Higher: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
XLR at +1 dBu: 115.4 dB RMS unweighted, 118.9 dBA
RCA at +13 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
RCA at +7 dBu: 116 dB RMS unweighted, 119 dBA
RCA at +1 dBu: 114 dB RMS unweighted, 117 dBA
RCA at -5 dBu: 109 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
1/4" at +22 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
1/4" at +7 dBu: 116 dB RMS unweighted, 119 dBA
1/8" at -3 dBu: 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
|THD||XLR at -1 dBFS: -112 dB, 0.00025%
XLR at -3 dBFS: -116 dB, 0.00016%
1/4" at +18 dBu, 32 Ohms, 1.2 W: -110 dB, 0.0003%
1/4" at +14 dBu, 16 Ohms, 0.94 W: -110 dB, 0.0003%
|THD + Noise||XLR at -1 dBFS: -110 dB, 0.00032%
1/4" at +18 dBu, 32 Ohms: -107 dB, 0.00045%
|Output Impedance||XLR: 200 Ohms balanced, 100 Ohms unbalanced
1/4": 0.1 Ohms
|Channel Separation||>120 dB|
|Temperature Range||41 to 122°F / 5 to 50°C|
|Relative Humidity (non-condensing)||<75%|
|Idle Current||570 mA / 6.8 W at 12 V|
|Power Consumption||Standby: 120 W / 10 mA
Idle: 7 W
Maximum: 18 W
|Power Requirement||External switching power supply, 100 to 240 VAC, 2 A, 24 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||8.5 x 2.0 x 5.9" / 215 x 52 x 150 mm|
|Weight||2.2 lb / 1 kg|