The iconic synthesizer sounds on your favorite progressive rock, pop, and jazz fusion records from the 1970s and '80s are forever inscribed in music history. With the DeepMind 12, Behringer set out to create the ultimate analog polysynth, a 12-voice beast that can effortlessly deliver any classic synth sound you've ever heard — or imagined. Incorporating two digitally controlled analog oscillators and two LFOs per voice, three envelopes, a noise generator, unison mode with a handy detune fader, an extensive 8-bus modulation matrix, a 32-step sequencer, four digital FX engines, built-in Wi-Fi, a silky aftertouch-enabled keybed, and more, the Behringer DeepMind 12 is a value-packed axe with serious synthesis firepower that will make you a musical force to be reckoned with.
Whether you're crafting killer bass lines; glorious, celestial pads; or snarling, in-your-face leads, the Behringer DeepMind 12 is one of the best-sounding — and most versatile — polysynths we have had our hands on here. This synthesizer is packed with Behringer's best technology. The analog VCFs, stereo VCAs, and 12-voice architecture make it easy to re-create vintage synth magic or forge new sonic frontiers. The per-voice, adjustable-resonance, dual-slope-selectable 12/24dB VCFs sound incredible.
With its four effects engines, dual oscillators and LFOs per voice, three ADSR envelopes, 8-channel modulation matrix, onboard 32-step sequencer, and LCD display with encoder, navigation buttons, and sliders, Behringer's DeepMind 12 gives you the control you need for your soundscaping adventures. What's more, the DeepMind 12's built-in USB, MIDI, and Wi-Fi offers remote control from your Mac, PC, and iPad, letting you custom-tailor a workflow that supports your creative process.
In the design of the DeepMind 12, Behringer spec'd four simultaneous effects engines with over 33 TC Electronic, Midas, and Klark Teknik algorithms. On tap and ready for deployment are studio-grade Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Multiband Distortion, and much more. Meticulously modeled on iconic hardware processors and tweaked to perfection, these effects run on DeepMind 12's low-latency operating system, giving you flexible routing and consistent performance, with no cables to patch.
Along with the impeccable TC Electronic reverbs, DeepMind 12 includes five stellar reverb models — Hall, Ambient, Rich Plate, Room, and Rich Chamber — from the Lexicon 480L, a benchmark digital reverb unit. Thanks to Behringer's True Physical Modeling, these models nail the complete analog and digital circuit paths — even the unit's gain-stepping AD/DA converters, capturing every nuance precisely. Also onboard is Vintage Reverb, based on the fabled EMT250 plate, which serves up bright, shimmering ambience that won't overwhelm or muddy your tracks — highly recommended for vocals and snare drum!
- Velocity- and aftertouch-enabled 49-note keyboard
- 12-voice mono-timbral analog polysynth
- 2 DCOs per voice, Noise generator
- DCO sync and voice unison detune options
- 1024 patch memory locations arranged in 8 banks of 128
- 2/4-pole lowpass filter, additional highpass filter
- 3 envelopes: VCA, VCF, and assignable Mod
- Each voice features an independent LFO
- Unison mode with detune fader
- Extensive 8-bus modulation matrix
- 4 integrated digital effects engines with 4 parts and over 30 types of FX
- Hard-wire effects bypass
- Arpeggiator/32-step sequencer with gate-time control
- LCD display with encoder, navigation buttons, and sliders
- CV/pedal input to connect with modular systems
- All parameters controllable via Wi-Fi, editable via PC and tablet apps
- USB, MIDI connections
- Sound Engine Type(s): 12-voice Analog Polysynth with Digital Effects
- Number of Keys: 49
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted action, velocity and aftertouch
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: 12 voices
- Number of Presets: 1024 program memories - 8 banks (each with 128 programs)
- Oscillators: 2 per voice
- Number of Effects: 4 FX engines (TC Electronic, Klark Teknik FX)
- Effects Types: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Amp simulator, Phaser, EQ, Filter, Distortion, Compression, Gates
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 32-steps
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS (main out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (sustain/trigger), 1 x 1/4" (pedal expression/CV in)
- Other I/O: Built-in Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz), Tablet remote control
- Features: 3 ADSR generators per voice, 8-channel modulation matrix, Analog VCF and VCA
- Software: DeepMind iOS app
- OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later, iOS 8 later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 7 or later, Android 6.0 or later
- Power Supply: Standard IEC power cable
- Height: 4.1"
- Width: 32.4"
- Depth: 10.1"
- Weight: 18.5 lbs.