The Behringer MS-1-BK is a sleek, black re-imagining of an iconic 1980s analog monosynth. Providing all the sound and feel of the original but expanding with modern I/O and modulation considerations, the Behringer MS-1 is a perfect addition to any current studio or performance setup.
The MS-1 uses the same VCO and filter designs as its inspiration, and maintains the same style of sequencing, making it possible to easily recreate the sounds and sequences of the original. It adds extensive MIDI and CV/Gate I/O options for integration into modern modular and DAW-based setups, and provides an arpeggiator for extended melodic control.
Like the original, it also includes a simultaneously absurd and awesome guitar strap and mod grip, making it one of the strangest yet great-sounding keytar options around. We expect most people will want to use it in normal keyboard orientation, which is totally fine—but if you ever need to break out the prog-rock cape and shred out a sick synth lead solo, the MS-1 is there for you.
The MS-1 is a perfect choice for any musician who wants the sound of a 101 but doesn't want to keep refreshing eBay day in and day out—it delivers the same workflow, all the same sounds, and more.
- Analog monosynth keyboard based on a classic monosynth
- Includes guitar strap and mod grip for keytar performance
- 3340-based VCO with Saw, Triangle, Square/Pulse, and Sub oscillator
- Lowpass filter with Cutoff, Resonance, Envelope, Filter FM Depth, and Key Follow
- One ADSR envelope for amplifier and VCF
- Oscillator portamento
- Built-in arpeggiator and 101-style 32-step sequencer
- Audio input for filtering external sources
- Expanded modulation options
- Keys: 32 semi-weighted
- Controllers: Pitch bend, Pitch modulation trigger
- Inputs: 1x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1x 1/4"
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU, USB
- CV I/O: CV in/out, Gate in/out, Velocity out, VCF CV In, Clock In, Grip & Mod inputs
- Power: 9VDC PSU (Included)