What's red, has two oscillators and 56 patch points, and gobs of attitude?
The Behringer Neutron semi-modular analog synth offers seemingly no end to the delightful sonic mischief you can patch your way into.
With a duo of punchy morphable-waveform oscillators and generous modulation options, this standalone/Eurorack duophonic synthesizer delivers searing leads that'll strip the paint off club walls, and massive basses that will blow them down.
From mesmerizing celestial pads to blippy extraterrestrials, Neutron has you covered.
For sonic expression, CV (control voltage) is where it's at, and the Neutron offers full access. With its sizable patchbay, you can forge your own completely unique signature sounds and set yourself apart from the pack — even if the pack is geared up with Neutrons!
Behringer's Neutron is a semi-modular synth, which means it features a normalled signal path that will produce sound without any patching. But when you're ready to roll up your sleeves and get serious, start throwing patches and let the creativity begin. Where most semi-modulars offer some degree of patchability, Neutron's 56-point patchbay offers flexibility on par with many fully modular synthesizers. In essence, you're wiring up the signal paths of your synth, overriding the manufacturer's choices with patch cords that can connect to patch points within the instrument, or externally to other gear.
An original design from Behringer and the propellerheads at Midas in England, Neutron is an all-analog beast; even the onboard delay is a BBD (Bucket Brigade Device). The voltage-controlled oscillators use the reissued Curtis CEM3340 chip — originally deployed in classic 1970s synthesizers such as the OBXa, OBSx, OB8, SH101, Jupiter6, and Prophet5. Legendary company, indeed.
- 2 voltage-controlled oscillators
- Noise oscillator
- 56 Patch Points
- Lowpass/Highpass VCF
- Filter and Amp Envelopes
- CV I/O
- BBD delay
- MIDI in
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Polyphony: Paraphonic
- Oscillators: 2 x 3340 Analog Oscillators
- Waveforms: Square, Sawtooth, Triangle, Sine, Tone Mod
- Noise Generator: Yes
- Envelope Generator: 2 x Analog ADSR
- LFO: 1 x LFO (sine, triangle, saw, square, ramp down)
- VCA: Yes
- Filter: 12 dB State Variable Filter, Highpass/Bandpass/Lowpass Mode Switch
- Sample and Hold: Rate, Glide
- Effects Types: Overdrive Circuit
- Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (main)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (main), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
- MIDI I/O: In/Thru/USB
- Other I/O: 56 x Patch Points (32 in x 24 out)
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Power Supply: External AC adapater