CRITTER & GUITARI ORGANELLE M BLUE
Credit offered by . Get pre-approved at the checkout!
Announcing four new features for the Organelle!
• Built-in Speaker
• Built-in Microphone
• Battery Power
• MIDI Jacks
We’re also happy to announce it has been upgraded with a faster processor, twice as much RAM, and an improved web interface for patch management and Link sessions.
To differentiate from the older model, we have added an M to the name. For normal everyday reference, 'Organelle' is fine!
Making music with the Organelle is now more direct and adaptable to situation/musician (less gear needed)!
The Organelle is portable and autonomous!
The Organelle is a more powerful instrument that keeps up with your spontaneity or intention!
The Organelle® makes it easy to explore new sounds and experiment with new ways of making music. It combines playful and intuitive controls with a powerful and flexible sound engine. The result is an instrument that is limitless in musical possibility and a joy to play.
At the heart of the Organelle's sound engine is a robust computer that runs patches. A patch allows the instrument to take on different forms. Onboard hardware for sound input and output and mappable knobs, keys and buttons enable patches to synthesize, sample, effect, and anything in between!
The Organelle ships with a set of common default patches, and new patches may be loaded from a USB drive. Simply select patches from a continually-growing list, transfer them to a USB drive, reinsert it in the Organelle, and play!
Don't see the exact patch you need? You can create it yourself! Patches may be created and/or edited directly on the device. Plug in a keyboard, mouse and monitor and begin customizing. The Organelle runs patches created in the powerful computer music programming environment Pure Data.
As you create patches or tweak existing ones you can share them with others! The Organelle is built with community interaction in mind. The entire system runs open source software and may be customized at every level.
Endless sounds at your finger tips.
The dream behind the Organelle was to have a small and easy-to-use instrument that could perform any kind of sound synthesis imaginable. The Organelle excels at synthesizing sound. Between the synth patches that ship with the Organelle and the growing list of user-contributed patches there’s a bit of everything to play with: additive and subtractive synthesis, classic wave table sounds, granular, physical modeling, ADSR envelope style, frequency modulation, and more. The best part is that there’s always the option of creating your own synth in Pure Data too!
Sound transforming toolbox.
The Organelle has a natural ability for sound processing and sampling. Many patches have been developed to take advantage of the Organelle’s stereo sound input. These include guitar pedal style effects and fancier granular and spectral processing patches. You’ll be surprised how different your sound will sound! Recording samples and manipulating them in various ways is also a popular theme in the land of Organelle. Some patches resample to build up new sounds from older ones. Others rearrange or arpeggiate samples as you play.
Create rhythms in new and unique ways.
Play rhythms on the keyboard and/or let a patch generate beats. The Organelle is great for playing samples in time. Sometimes you want to be specific about a rhythm: play this sample now, that sample later. Other times it's great to set up a general sound palette and let a patch keep the beat for you. Either way, there are plenty of patches to match your tempo. If you're into polyrhythms, beat-juggling, generative rhythms, recording and manipulating samples into rhythms, or just making quirky little sequences, the Organelle doesn't miss a beat!
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz; 16-bit (In & Out)
- ¼" Stereo Sound Output Jack
- ¼" Stereo Sound Input Jack
- ⅛" Stereo Headphone Output Jack
- High-Contrast OLED Display Screen
- Four Parameter Knobs
- Rotary Selection knob with Push Button Select
- Volume Knob
- 25x Maple Key
- RGB LED
- 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A53 (Quad-core; 64-bit)
- 1GB RAM
- Linux Operating System
- Boot time: ~12 seconds
- 8GB microSD card installed. Card is split into two ~4GB partitions: one for OS and another for patches and any required files (audio samples, etc.).
- ⅛" TRS MIDI Input Jack (Type A)
- ⅛" TRS MIDI Output Jack (Type A)
- 2x USB Port (2.0 standard-A type connector). USB Host for: MIDI over USB & Serial over USB
- HDMI output port
- ¼" Footswitch Jack
- 9VDC, 1.0 Amp, Center-positive plug
- Can be powered by four 'AA' Batteries (1.2-1.5V per cell)
- Size: 13.3125 x 3.375 x 2.125 inches
- Size: 33.81 x 8.57 x 5.40 cm
- Weight: 1.45 lbs / 657g
- Batteries installed: 1.66 lbs / 753g
- Enclosure: Powder coated aluminum top, screen printed ink, ABS Plastic bottom, rubber foot pads
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN BOX:
- 1x Organelle
- 1x Power Supply. Input: 100-240 Volts AC at 50/60 Hz. US/North America-Style Plug.
- 1x USB-WiFi adapter w/ Ralink 5370 chipset
- TRS-MIDI Adapter Cable
- TRS Cable (for Organelle-Organelle MIDI connection
|Vendor Item Number||ORGANELLE M BLUE|
|Manufacturer||Critter & Guitari|