Be the first to know when it will be back in stock
The Moog Subsequent 25 is a two-note paraphonic analog synthesizer that melds the hands-on, analog soul of classic Moog instruments with the convenience and workflow of a modern sound-design machine. Moog’s most compact keyboard synthesizer, the Subsequent 25 delivers all the rich, sonic density that Moog synthesizers are known for, but with double the headroom of the Sub Phatty, plus an upgraded keybed, redesigned, high-powered headphone amp and more.
Designed for portability, Subsequent 25 is the most agile full-size Moog synthesizer, equally reliable moving from stage to studio and every stop in between. The instrument's compact footprint fits into any situation and won’t overtake your studio desk—yet still fills any room with powerful synth bass, dynamic analog percussion, and harmonic-rich leads.
The Subsequent 25 offers instant gratification with expertly programmed preset patches that will get you creating right away. Then, explore the 32 front-panel knobs to build something completely unique. Set yourself apart by designing your own library of signature analog sounds. You can also save and recall an infinite number of your patches with the free Moog Editor/Librarian Software.
Dial up ground-shaking analog bass by stacking all three of Sub 25’s Oscillators in Unison Mode. You can engage the new Duo Mode to split Oscillators 1 and 2, opening new doors of musicality by playing two different notes at once. Trigger the Subsequent 25’s analog sound engine any way you like. You can integrate with other voltage-controlled analog gear via four on board CV inputs or interface with your favorite DAW using DIN and USB MIDI. Or, go fully manual with the fast-action keybed.
Subsequent 25’s analog filter section contains the transformative Multidrive circuit, a unique combination of OTA distortion and FET drive, which serves as a key spark plug for the compact synth’s powerful sound. Through the creative use of the Multidrive circuit, Mixer Section (with optimized headroom) and Ladder Filter, you can achieve a wide range of classic and modern tones.
Balancing classic analog sound design with seamless integration into modern digital workflows and DAW environments, the Subsequent 25 features full MIDI implementation, which allows for MIDI automation and recall of all front-panel and under-the-hood synthesis parameters.
Subsequent 25 is a versatile new instrument for unique sonic expression and realizing artistic vision. With its streamlined interface and dynamic sound design flexibility, this synthesizer fuses a revolutionary connection between human and machine, opening portals to new musical experiences.
Twice the headroom of the Sub Phatty for access to a new range of classic clean tones in mono and duo modes
- Reshaped gain staging in the Ladder Filter to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end
- Re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the original grit and growl of the Sub Phatty
- Updated presets that have been optimized to take full advantage of the Subsequent 25’s upgraded circuitry
- Upgraded keybed for improved playability
- Redesigned, high-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones
- Free Editor/Librarian software for Windows and Mac (plug-in or standalone)
- Each function is accessible from the Subsequent 25 front panel, free software Editor/Librarian or via MIDI
- Mono/Duo Mode
- Duo Osc 2 Priority
- Filter Velocity Sensitivity
- Volume Velocity Sensitivity
- Ext. Audio Level
- Osc 2 Beat Frequency
- VCO Gate Reset
- LFO Gate Reset
- Pitch Bend Up Amount
- Pitch Bend Down Amount
- Glide Legato
- Glide Type
- Filter Poles
- Wave Mod. Destination
- LFO KB Tracking
- LFO Range
- Filter EG Reset
- Amp EG Reset
- Gate On/Ext.
- MIDI Ch. In
- MIDI Ch. Out
- Local Control
- 14-Bit MIDI Output
- MIDI Path In
- MIDI Path Out
- MIDI Merge DIN
- MIDI Merge USB
- Sound Engine Type(s): Analog (2 x Oscillators, 1 x Sub Oscillator, 1 x Noise Generator)
- Number of Keys: 25
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted, Velocity-Sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic
- LFO: Triangle, Square, Sawtooth, Ramp, Sample & Hold
- Filter: Moog Ladder Filter with 6/12/18/24 dB per Octave Slopes
- Number of Presets: 16 (4 Banks of 4)
- Effects Types: Multidrive
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (ext in)
- Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Other I/O: Filter CV in, Pitch CV in, Volume CV in, KB Gate in
- Software: Plug-in and standalone editor and librarianfor Mac/PC
- Power Supply: 110V AC-240V AC (Internal)
- Height: 6.75"
- Width: 20.25"
- Depth: 14.75"
- Weight: 16 lbs.