The AT-VM95EN, features a Nude Elliptical Diamond. The construction of the stylus being a one piece diamond with a round shank inserted in the cantilever creates a lighter and more rigid transmission system than a diamond tip bonded on a round titanium shank such as in the AT-VM95E. Also the use of nude diamond implies a substantial difference in pricing, yet the quality of the reproduction will be immediately noticed, specifically in the fidelity of high frequencies and in the quality of the transient responses.
- Aluminium cantilever
- 3.5mV output voltage
- Compatible body with all VM95 Series stylus assemblies
- 20 to 23,000Hz frequency response
Every cartridge diamond stylus becomes worn after a period of play.
Around 500 hours for a conical stylus, 300 hours for an Elliptical stylus, 1000 hours for a Microlinear stylus, and 800 hours for a Shibata stylus.
Our VM95 Series dual moving magnet cartridges can be used almost forever by replacing the interchangeable stylus. It is no longer necessary to purchase a complete cartridge when your diamond is worn out, you can simply buy the matching replacement stylus, but also enjoy the experience of upgrading your cartridge with a different stylus.
The six models of VM95 Series cartridges all use the same electromagnetic engine-body, therefore each of the six replacement styli are perfectly compatible.
AT-VM9E Series compatibility with the AT-XP Series DJ Cartridges
- The electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, is fully compatible with all replacement styli of VM95 Series and will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge. So providing improved compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- VM95 Series electromagnetic engine-body is also compatible with the three replacement styli of the DJ cartridge AT-XP Series, nevertheless, the electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge in order to provide better compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- Note that typical tracking force when using XP Series styli is three grams as opposed to two grams for VM95 Series styli.
- The suspension design and compliance of XP-Series styli have been optimized for intensive DJ’ing, including possible manual cueing and back-cueing.
- The VM95 Series suspension design and compliances of VM95 Series have been designed for optimum audiophile reproduction.
|Type||VM Stereo Dual Magnet|
|Frequency Response||20 - 23,000 Hz|
|Channel Separation||22 dB (1 kHz)|
|Output Channel Balance||2.0 dB (1 kHz)|
|Output Voltage||3.5 mV (@ 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)|
|Vertical Tracking Angle||23°|
|Vertical Tracking Force Range||1.8 - 2.2g (standard 2.0 g)|
|Stylus Size||0.3 x 0.7 mil|
|Stylus Construction||Nude Round Shank|
|Coil Impedance||3.3 kΩ (1 kHz)|
|Coil Inductance||550 mH (1 kHz)|
|DC Resistance||485 Ω|
|Static Compliance||20 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne|
|Dynamic Compliance||7 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne (100 Hz)|
|Wire Used for Coil||T.P. Copper|
|Recommended Load Impedance||47,000 Ω|
|Recommended Load Capacitance||100-200 pF|
|Dimensions||17.2 x 18.9 x 28.3 ( H x W x D mm)|
|Accessories Included||Two 11 mm installation screws;
Two 8 mm installation screws;