The AT33Sa is the first Audio-Technica moving coil cartridge to feature a Shibata line-contact stylus, known for its superior high-range performance and strong mid and bass sound. The stylus is mounted on a tapered boron cantilever with a double damper for reduced weight and better audio quality.
The cartridge’s dual moving coils provide excellent channel separation and are affixed within a strong but lightweight VC mold to greatly reduce unwanted vibration.
The cartridge uses a neodymium magnet and a permendur yoke for dramatically enhanced magnetic energy.
The PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coils ensure pure audio transmission.
- Moving coil cartridge with Shibata stylus delivers exquisite, full-range audio reproduction
- Advanced tapered boron cantilever and reduced coil weight improve the audio quality, particularly in the higher frequencies
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke dramatically enhance the magnetic energy
- PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coil enables pure signal transfer
- High-separation, wide response dual moving coil
- VC mold limits unnecessary vibration
- Precision-cast hard aluminum alloy body enhances rigidity and the signal-to-noise ratio
|Frequency Response||15-50,000 Hz|
|Channel Separation||30 dB (1 kHz)|
|Vertical Tracking Force||1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)|
|Recommended Load Impedance||More than 100 ohms (when head amplifier is connected)|
|Output||0.4 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)|
|Channel Balance||0.5 dB (1 kHz)|
|Stylus Shape||Shibata (line contact)|
|Cantilever||Solid, tapered boron|
Note: Moving coil cartridges require receivers or preamps with compatible inputs; their stylus assemblies are not field-replaceable.