Combine switching, audio mixing, and USB streaming into a single device, and you get the Roland VR-4HD HD AV Mixer. Four channels of HD video and 8 channels of audio can be mixed down with preview and program (main) video outputs with minimal fuss. Advanced digital processing removes many of the hurdles of a professional A/V setup, and consumer-friendly HDMI, VGA, composite, XLR/TRS, and RCA inputs support readily available video and audio equipment. The USB output lets you take advantage of HD video streaming over the web using popular streaming platforms or advanced multi-source videoconferencing and offers the ability to record straight to your hard drive for distribution.
The interface on the VR-4HD features both tactile controls and a touchscreen for an intuitive and comprehensive control surface where all necessary controls are at the operator's fingertips. Physical faders offer precise audio adjustment, while the built-in multi-view LCD features a touch interface for accessing set-up parameters and adjusting picture-in-picture settings with simple swiping gestures.
Between the intuitive interface, diverse input options, and USB connectivity, the VR-4HD is a versatile tool suitable for a number of applications, such as A/V equipment acquisition for schools, houses of worship, corporate training sessions, live events, and more.
- All-in-one portable production solution
- Easy to use thanks to dedicated hardware controls and audio faders as well as an integrated touch screen preview monitor
- 6-input, 4-Channel Video Switcher
- Supports HDMI, RGB/component, and composite video inputs
- Built-in scaler on CH4
- 18-Channel Digital Audio Mixer with XLR, TRS, and RCA jacks along with embedded audio from HDMI inputs
- Embedding and de-embedding of audio with delay settings
- Auto mixing and Echo Canceling function
- Composition effects including DSK (Downstream Keyer), picture-in-picture, and more
- Built-in touchscreen quad-input multi-viewer with audio metering
- External Multi-View Output through HDMI
- HDCP Support
- USB 3.0 Video/Audio output up to 1080/30p
- Software control using VR-4HD RCS application for Mac and PC
- Tally, GPIO connections
- Supports Current and Legacy Video Formats
- Three dedicated HDMI input connectors are compatible with a variety of equipment and support 1080p, 1080i, and 720p video resolutions. The fourth input includes a scaler to support both video and computer resolutions and also supports analog RGB and component inputs, so older devices can be used as sources without the need for external conversion equipment.
Both progressive and interlaced signals can be input, allowing for both 1080i and 1080p signals to be used at the same time. Video signals input from a PC are accurately displayed thanks to progressive signal processing. HDCP is supported for input of copy-protected content from devices such as Blu-ray disc players.
- Compositing Effects
- The VR-4HD includes DSK (Downstream Keying), Picture-in-Picture (PinP), and Split and Quad composting effects, which are ideal for creating news style broadcasts and corporate presentation content. The DSK function is great for overlaying titles, song lyrics, or logos onto incoming video sources that can then be switched in the background while text or images remain displayed. DSK supports both Luminance Keying (Black/White) and Chroma Keying (Blue/Green) for compositing two videos in one screen using PinP or for using the split function—ideal for seminars and presentations.
- Audio Routing and Processing
- Inside the VR-4HD live advanced audio features including auto-mixing, echo cancel, and delay for perfect lip-sync between audio and video. The VR-4HD's audio mixer can mix the four XLR microphone inputs, stereo RCA, and 1/8 mini connector along with the audio embedded in the four HDMI inputs. The final mix can be output via XLR and RCA as well as embedded into the HDMI output.
- Loop-Back Audio
- The USB interface can also be used with a loop-back audio capability that can bring in audio from a connected PC using a conferencing software, such as Skype, and return audio to the PC without any howling or echo thanks to the included Echo Cancellation feature. This makes the VR-4HD an ideal web conferencing tool, as it allows for multiple video and audio sources to be used with online webconference software programs.
- Auto-Mixing Function
- The VR-4HD mixes multiple sources automatically, which is useful for conference panels with multiple speakers, as the levels for each participant can be managed in real-time. Volume priority can be assigned to an event moderator who can always be heard above the other participants.
- Remote Control
- By connecting to a computer via the onboard USB port, the VR-4HD can be controlled with the PC and settings can be stored for instant recall at any point. RS-232 control is also available through the 9-pin D-sub connection for A/V setups that take advantage of that interface. Additionally, a 9-pin D-sub Tally/GPIO connection not only provides a tally interface but can also be leveraged for control-signal input and output.
|Video Processing||4:2:2 (YPbPr), 8-bit|
|Video Inputs||4 x HDMI Type A (channels 1-4)
1 x VGA/Component (channel 4 only)
1 x RCA, Composite (channel 4 only)
|Video Outputs||2 x HDMI Type A (preview and main)
1 x VGA/Component (main)
1 x USB 3.0 Type-B
|Input Format Support||HDMI-Only Channels:
Channel 4 Video:
Note: Composite input only supports NTSC and PAL formats
|Output Format Support||Main:
VGA (640 x 480)
SVGA (800 x 600)
XGA (1024 x 768)
WXGA (1280 x 768)
SXGA (1280 x 1024)
FWXGA (1366 x 768)
SXGA+ (1400 x 1050)
UXGA (1600 x 1200)
WUXGA (1920 x 1200)