Origin Black Bundle - Limited Quantities While Supplies Last!
This special-edition production kit pairs a rock'n'roll black version of Aston's legendary game-changing microphone, the Origin, with the best-in-class Aston Swiftshield pop filter and shock mount set - everything you need for professional grade recordings of vocals, instruments and pretty much anything else you can throw at it!
The multi-award winning Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch (1") gold evaporated capsule. It's versatile enough to use with any instrument and, for singer-songwriters, excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is paired with high-end transformerless circuitry using only the finest components.
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound for a supremely natural and transparent recording.
SwiftShield combines the Aston Swift shock mount and the Aston Shield pop filter into one bundle to give you the perfect setup for your studio vocal mic. The Aston Swift shock mount takes microphone mounting to the next level of ease. With 2 quick release spring clips designed to fit the Origin, and a wide range of other mics, from 40-60mm diameter, mounting your microphone takes seconds.
Aston has redesigned the shock system from the ground up on an entirely new design idea. The 'ShockStar' suspension eliminates the need for fiddly rubber bands, but offers a high level of elasticity for maximum isolation.
Origin and Swiftshield - Perfect Partners
As standard, every Origin comes with a built in pop filter and internal shock mounting system which elevates the performance bar compared to other mics. In many applications you can use the Origin just as it is, but if you want to get the best results possible, and style your mic to look the mutts nuts in your studio environment, then the Aston SwiftShield takes things to a whole new performance level.
The Aston Swift shock mount, is not only elegant, and designed specifically to show off your mic in all its glory with its open-fronted design, but boasts the fastest mic mounting system in the world. Combined with Aston's internal shock absorbing system, the Swift gives supreme performance in seconds.
The Shield clips on and off the Swift mount quickly and easily when switching between vocal and instrument applications. Utilising Aston's Hextech perforation acid etching process, the Shield gives excellent plosive (pop) control without affecting the tone of your recordings at all.
The SwiftShield combo is the perfect partner for getting the ultimate performance from your Origin (and it looks awesome too!).
• Wave-Form Spring Head - The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage.
• Built-In Pop Filter - Aston's vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. The random weave allows sound to pass while drastically eliminating unwanted plosives at source.
• Direct to Stand Mounting - Features custom moulded end caps with integrated XLR and universal stand thread adaptor.
• Stunning, Durable Chassis - Each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing, extremely beautiful, finish.
• PCB Circuitry - A superbly balanced mix of discrete and integrated electronic circuitry. Non-linear voltage/current source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/ clear audio output.
• Swiftshield - Includes Swift Mount and Shield Filter, the perfect combination for optimizing your Origin microphone.
Transducer Type: Condenser
Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-3dB)
Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
Sensitivity (@1kHz into 1kohm): 23.7mV/Pa
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 127dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 76dB A-Weighted
Pad Switch: -10dB
Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
Microphone length: 125 mm / 4.92 in
Microphone width: 54 mm / 2.13 in
Microphone weight: 450 g / 0.99 lb