Credit offered by . Get pre-approved at the checkout!
Out of Stock
Reserve your unit now!
Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone
This versatile studio performer may be used with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. And its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
The AT4053b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4053b-EL hypercardioid head capsule (both available separately). Additional interchangeable capsules are available in omnidirectional (AT4049b-EL) and cardioid (AT4051b-EL).
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
|ELEMENT||Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20-20,000 Hz|
|LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||-34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL||145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
|NOISE||16 dB SPL|
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical)||129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO||78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS||48V DC, 4.8 mA typical|
|SWITCH||Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)|
|WEIGHT||127 g (4.5 oz)|
|DIMENSIONS||155.0 mm (6.10") long,
21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|OPTIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE ELEMENTS||AT4049b-EL (omnidirectional);
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case|
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||S1|
|Vendor Item Number||AT4053B|