AVANTONE BLACK LION AUDIO MODIFIED VERSION OF THE CV12
Out of Stock
Reserve your unit now!
Teaming up with Black Lion Audio in Chicago, Avantone offers the CV-12 BLA, a modified version of the company's popular CV-12 multi-pattern large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone. It features a 34mm CK12-style capsule, a 6072A tube output stage, a power supply with low-noise circuitry, and delivers a warm, vintage tone with a flatter frequency response and greater headroom than the original. Designed to work as a utility mic in the studio, this microphone is ideal for capturing vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, room ambience, piano, and more.
The power supply features a nine-position polar pattern knob that enables you to choose between omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8, or positions in-between to optimize the pickup of the sound source. In addition, there is a 10 dB pad switch for close-miking loud instruments and voices without unwanted distortion, and an 80 Hz high-pass filter for minimizing low frequency rumble.
The CV-12 BLA comes with a Jetsun shockmount, which allows instruments and windscreens to get very close to the capsule for increased proximity effect. The unit ships with a padded wooden box to protect the mic and a deluxe faux-alligator case to transport the mic, power supply, and accessories in style.
- Circuitry of original CV-12 modified by Black Lion Audio results in a flatter frequency response and higher headroom
- 32mm K67 capsule is replaced with a 34mm CK12-style capsule to smooth the highs and bring out the lows
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, balanced across the entire sound spectrum
- 136 dB maximum SPL, 146 dB with pad engaged
- Transparent-sounding Solen FastCap coupling capacitor
- Completely redesigned power supply features a new low-noise circuit
- Regulated plate voltage supply
- Extra filtering on transformer bridge diode
- Included Jetsun shockmount allows instruments and windscreens to get several inches closer to the headshell for increased proximity effect
- Tube-type, true-condenser microphone
- Utility microphone sounds great on studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, room ambience, piano, and more
- 9 polar patterns selectable at PS-12 power supply
- Omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns, plus three steps between each
- Tube type: 6072A
- Switchable high-pass filter at 80 Hz
- Switchable 10 dB pad
- Metallic cabernet-red body with polished-nickel trim
- Black deluxe faux-alligator case for transporting mic, power supply, and accessories
- Padded genuine wooden mic box
- Designed and assembled in the USA
|Vendor Item Number||AV-CV12BLA|