The Tea Kick is an analog drum module by Bastl Instruments.
The module takes inspiration from the Twin T Resonant Structure, which was itself inspired by Standa Filip’s circuitry. Think of the circuit as an electronic membrane that resonates uniquely when activated by one-dimensional harmonics. When the circuit is hit with electricity, the amount of decay is wholly dependent on its own resonance.
The module’s tune control alters the emphasized frequency, while the resonance control dictates the length—higher resonances equal longer drum sounds, all the way up to self-oscillation. The module also features a handy square wave output for use in utility applications.
This version of the Tea Kick features an ALUMINUM faceplate.
- Bass drum generator
- Tune knob for adjusting pitch
- CV input with attenuator for Tune
- Resonance knob
- Resonance range switch (low range limits the circuit from self oscillation)
- Click tune knob – adjusts pitch of click added to the drum body
- Click output jack – when plugged in it puts the click out of the main output
- Buffered output
- Square wave output
- Trigger input
- Wtf input (acts something like band pass filter but not really:)
- Trimmer to adjust the resonance range
- Handmade in Brno, Czech republic
- Aluminum front panel, handmade custom knobs