40 years ago, Focal amazed the professional studio world with the introduction of their Solo6 Be monitor, a modestly sized 2-way that delivers extended frequency response with a neutral, richly detailed midrange, silky extended highs, and tight bass control down to 40Hz.
The Solo6 Be's stunning transparency, resolution, and stereo imaging make it a best-in-class choice for no-compromise nearfield monitoring.
Quality crafted in France and distinguished by its elegant, timeless black leather-like side panel finish and 40th Anniversary badge, this very special edition is a limited run of only 40 pairs worldwide —So if you've been thinking about seriously upgrading your studio monitoring, secure your pair of Focal Solo6 Be 40th Anniversary monitors while you can!
Whether you're recording, mixing, or mastering, the Focal Solo6 Be is just the kind of no-nonsense, cutting-edge reference monitor you're going to want in your studio. True, the Solo6 Be has amazing bass response for its size (down to 40Hz), not to mention an impressive upper-frequency response that reaches beyond human hearing to 40kHz. With a maximum SPL rating of 113dB, its robust dynamic range ensures a confident, relaxed rendition of program material, so music sounds completely natural, while listening fatigue is dramatically reduced. Bt this monitor is much more than the sum of its specs. It's full. It's clear. It's articulate.
The Solo6 Be combines the same elements as Focal's highly respected 3-way Twin6 Be, only in a compact 2-way design. Just as with the Twin6 Be, you'll be stunned by the Solo6 Be's clarity and the extended frequency response: it reaches from 40Hz up to 40kHz, above and beyond the range of your hearing. What's handy about the Solo6 Be, though, is that when you combine its amazingly neutral sound with its compact size and user-adjustable rear settings, you've got a reference monitor you can feasibly take from studio to studio, tailor to the room's acoustics, and consistently record, mix, and master translatable tracks.
A Focal hallmark is the inverted-dome tweeter — and it's a big part of the magic behind the Solo6 Be's amazing performance. The particular advantage of the inverted dome is that it optimizes the mechanical coupling between the voice coil and the dome. As the voice coil is fixed at mid-height on the dome, it can uniformly move the Solo6 Be's entire cone surface. This design inherently offers high efficiency, precision, and energy, all resulting in an extremely precise soundstage. Add to that the use of Beryllium for the Solo6 Be's dome — a material noted for its incredible rigidity — and you've got a speaker that can span from 40Hz–40kHz with near-perfect linearity.
The Solo6 Be takes advantage of Focal's "W" composite sandwich cone. The unique characteristics of the cone permit optimization of the frequency response curve, thanks to the total control of three key parameters: lightness, rigidity, and damping. The sound is amazingly transparent, with excellent phase response and extremely low distortion. Tight, punchy bass response extending down to 40Hz is not typically expected in a 6.5" 2-way design, which is but one reason why the Solo6 Be has been a monitoring staple in pro studios for four decades.
- Special Limited Edition with black leatherette side panels and 40th Anniversary badge
- Focal TB871 1" Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: very low directivity, excellent linearity and dynamics
- Focal 6W4370B 6.5" "W" composite sandwich cone woofer: neutral sound, no distortion
- Frequency response: 40Hz–40kHz
- Integral transducer shielding
- Maximum SPL: 113dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Electronically balanced input, impedance: 10k ohms
- Input connector: XLR
- Sensitivity: adjustable, +4dBu or -10dBV
- Bass/midrange amplification: 150W rms, BASH technology
- Treble amplification: 100W rms, Class AB
- Power supply: 230V (1.6A fuse), 115V (3.5A fuse),
- IEC power inlet, included detachable power cord
- Input sensitivity selector
- Tweeter and woofer level potentiometers
- Power on/off switch, LED power indicator
- Voltage selector switch
- Sold individually
- Power Configuration:Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size:6.5"
- LF Driver Type:Focal "W" Composite Sandwich Cone
- HF Driver Size:1" Tweeter
- HF Driver Type:Focal Beryllium Inverted Dome
- LF Driver Power Amp:150W
- HF Driver Power Amp:100W RMS Class AB
- Total Power:250W
- Frequency Response:40Hz-40kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL:113 dB SPL @ 1m
- Input Types:1 x XLR
- Enclosure Type:Front Ported
- Enclosure Material:MDF panels with Leather-effect Side Panels
- Weight:24.2 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:FOPRO-SOLO6BE40TH