The Revelation V2.0 builds on the ever popular Revelation Reverb. Upgrades include true stereo in's & out's, three user selectable algorithms, three user selectable presets, soft click bypass switching, multi-colored LED's showing preset and algorithm status, & press-n-hold for infinite bloom decay. Now available with full Midi integration, control every switch, knob, algorithm, preset, etc. Now you can have access to unlimited presets with the use of a smart Midi controller that is capable of sending multiple simultaneous Midi messages, or with our revolutionary CC Snapshot feature you can save 125 on-board presets!
- Stereo In's & Out's
- 3 Selectable Algorithms
- 3 Selectable Presets (knobs not active in preset mode)
- Any Algorithm Can Be Saved to Any Preset Location
- Live Mode (knobs always active)
- Quick access between Live Mode & Presets
- Multi-Colored LED's Showing the Status of Each Preset & Algorithm
- Trails Always Available When Bypassing the Revelation V2.0
- Trails Available when switching between Live Mode & Presets (only when staying within the same algorithm)
- Press and Hold the Preset Switch for Infinite Decay
- Soft Click Bypass Switches
- 0-100% Wet Mix
- Over 1 Minute of Decay
- Power via 9v (Negative Tip) Power Supply (pwr supply not included)
- *Requires 200ma or larger power supply (anything less will result in performance issues)
- Our soft click Bypass and Preset switches are smart switches which have several different timed based functions to control various features of the pedal. Since there is a lot of time based magic happening behind the scenes, please note that it is possible to rapidly press the switch so fast that it will not recognize the press. A good solid press should be sufficient to engage the Bypass or Preset switch.
- Time based functions are as follows:
- To switch algorithms on the fly, press and hold the Bypass switch for at least 3/4's of a second and upon releasing the Bypass switch you will cycle through to the next algorithm.
- To switch presets on the fly, press and release both of the Bypass and Preset switches at the same time. This will cycle through each preset until it reaches the end and then will cycle back to the beginning. You can cycle through your presets in any state that the pedal is in (off, on, or in preset mode). Do not press and hold both switches for longer than 2 seconds as this will enter "Preset Save Mode".
- To enter "Preset Save Mode", press and hold both the Bypass and Preset switch for longer than 2 seconds and upon releasing both switches the Bypass LED will begin to flash confirming you are in "Preset Save Mode".
- To exit "Preset Save Mode" without saving over any previously stored presets, press and hold the Bypass switch for longer than 2 seconds and upon releasing the Bypass switch you will exit the "Preset Save Mode"
- To engage infinite Bloom, press and continue to hold the Preset switch, as long as the switch is being held down the Preset LED will begin to flash and the Decay knob will gracefully increase until it reaches its maximum setting. Once the Preset switch is released the Preset LED will continue to flash letting you know the Decay knob is gracefully returning to its original setting.
- When switching between modes (Live or Preset) and you are transitioning from a long decay to a shorter decay, the pedal automatically enters into a "graceful transition" state, the Preset LED will begin to flash letting you know that the Decay knob is gracefully returning to its new setting. Please note that whenever the Preset LED is flashing, both Bypass and Preset switches will be inactive until the Decay knob has settled to its new position.
MIDI Features & Controls:
Midi communication to the Revelation conforms to the specification for TRS to Midi adapters issued by the Midi Association. So what does this mean for me? In order to communicate via Midi you will need either a 5 pin to 1/4" TRS adapter cable that is wired to the TRS specification (link to a compatible cable found here) or if you wish to make your own patch cables, a link to the wiring diagram and the midi specification can be found here. You can also use a midi box that converts 5 pin Midi to multiple TRS patch cable connections and will need to conform to the TRS specification (currently only the Midi Box 4 by Disaster Area Designs), or a compatible Midi controller with TRS midi output's like the Futurist by Matthews Effects or various controllers by Disaster Area Designs.
Changing the Midi Channel
From the factory the Revelation is set to receive Midi messages on Midi channel 1, however this can be changed upon powering up the pedal. After applying power to the Revelation, hold down the Preset switch while the pedal is in startup mode (Mix & Decay knobs are white and the Bypass and Preset LED's are flashing). While continuing to hold down on the Preset switch, the Bypass LED will flash the number of times equivalent to the Midi channel (set to 1 from the factory) and then will have a 2 second pause before flashing again. Simply press the Bypass switch to increment the Midi channel by 1, press as many times necessary to change to the correct Midi number. The numbers available on the Revelation are channels 1 thru 16, once you've reached number 16 the next press will start over again at number 1. Once you have the right number selected, just release the Preset switch to save this setting into permanent memory.
Unlimited Presets or Save Up to 125 Built-In Presets
You have two options for creating presets. The first option is to use a "smart" midi controller that can send multiple simultaneous midi messages. Just send individual CC messages to turn the Bypass switch on, select the algorithm, and set the values for each knob.
The second option is to use our revolutionary CC Snapshot feature. While in Live Mode, select your desired algorithm and then set all of the knobs to their desired positions. From there just send midi CC #28 with any Value from 3 thru 124. The pedal will then take a snapshot of its algorithm and knob positions, after that the knobs will flash green letting you know the preset has been saved into permanent memory. To recall this preset, just send a PC message with the same number used for the Value when sending CC #28.
Example: send CC #28 Value 10 to save a preset in the 10th slot. Send PC #10 to recall the new preset.
Sending Program Change Messages
Sending PC messages will recall the onboard presets stored within the Revelation
- PC #0 - Recalls the first preset (UV)
- PC #1 - Recalls the second preset (Red)
- PC #2 - Recalls the third preset (Green)
- PC #3 - 124 Recalls the preset created by CC Snapshot (Blue)
- In this mode all of the LED's will be blue and the knobs will be active in case you need to make changes on the fly. Since every preset 3-124 will be the same color, it may be hard to remember what's been saved to each preset location. No worries, if you move the knobs away from their original position, the color of the LED's will change and when moved back to the saved preset location the LED's light up blue again. For the Cntr1 knob (that doesn't have an illuminated knob) the Preset and Bypass LED's will go dim when moved away from the saved position and return to full brightness when you navigate back to the saved preset location.
Sending Control Change Messages
Sending CC messages will control the individual controls, knobs, and switches of the Revelation
- CC #20 with any value of 0 thru 127 controls the Mix knob. 0 is the equivalent of having the knob turned completely counter-clockwise (100% dry mix) and 127 is like having the knob turned completely clockwise (100% wet mix). Sending a value of 64 is the equivalent of having the knob straight up at noon.
- CC #21 with any value of 0 thru 127 controls the Decay knob
- CC #22 with any value of 0 thru 127 controls the Cntrl 1 knob
- CC #23
- Any value between 0 & 63 turns the Bypass switch off
- Any value between 64 & 127 turns the Bypass switch on
- CC #24
- Any value between 0 & 63 turns the Preset switch off
- Any value between 64 & 127 turns the Preset switch on
- CC #25 any value between 0 & 127 increments the Preset number
- CC #26 any value between 0 & 127 decrements the Preset number
- CC #27
- Any value between 0 & 42 activates the Sky Blue algorithm
- Any value between 43 & 85 activates the Ice algorithm
- Any value between 86 & 127 activates the Yellow Sub algorithm
- CC #28 any value between 3 & 124 activates CC Snapshot mode
- This takes a snapshot of your current settings and stores it permanent memory at the appropriate preset location. An example would be to send CC #28 Value 3, this stores a preset in the 3rd slot and can be recalled anytime by sending PC #3