MUTABLE INSTRUMENTS WARPS
Out of Stock
Reserve your unit now!
Evolved from the oscillator mixing section of Mutable Instruments’ desktop hybrid synths, Warps is designed to blend and combine two audio signals. A variety of wave-shaping and cross-modulation methods – some of them emulating classic analog circuits, some of them purely digital – are provided by the module.
With Warps, the cross-modulated sound can be sculpted with control voltages along 4 dimensions: by controlling the amplitude and distorting the input signals, by smoothly scanning through the collection of modulation algorithms, and by adjusting a timbre parameter controlling the brightness/harshness of the modulated signal.
Since many classic cross-modulation effects work best when the carrier is a simple waveform – for example, a sine wave for ring-modulation or a buzzing waveform for vocoding – Warps includes a digital oscillator offering a handful of classic waveforms. This internal oscillator, which tracks V/Oct and supports through-zero FM, will replace the carrier audio input – freeing up one oscillator in your system for other duties!
Digital cross-modulator, with continuous morphing between modulation algorithms.
- Continuous morphing between 7 cross-modulation algorithms: crossfade, cross-folding, digital model of analog diode ring-modulation, digital ring-modulation, bitwise XOR modulation, octaver/comparator, 20-band vocoder.
- Control of timbre richness/brightness.
- Each audio input has a built-in digital VCA with emulation of analog soft-clipping.
- Audio input 1 can be replaced by an internal digital oscillator with through-zero FM. Available waveforms: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse, filtered noise.
- Modulation algorithm morphing.
- Timbre richness.
- Input gain/distortion for audio inputs 1 and 2.
- Internal oscillator waveform.
Inputs and outputs
- Audio input 1 (carrier) level CV (or internal oscillator 1V/Oct CV), -1V to +8V.
- Audio input 2 (modulator) level CV, -1V to +8V.
- Modulation algorithm morphing CV, -5V to +5V.
- Timbre CV, -5V to +5V.
- Audio input 1 (or internal oscillator through-zero FM). Modular level expected (up to 15 Vpp).
- Audio input 2. Modular level expected (up to 15 Vpp).
- Cross-modulated signal output.
- Auxiliary output: internal oscillator signal (when enabled) or mix of inputs 1 and 2 (post digital VCA).
- Input impedances: 100k.
- AD/DA: 16-bit, 96kHz.
- Internal processing: 32-bit floating point, 576kHz (32kHz for vocoder).
- Open-source hardware and firmware.
- Easy firmware updates through an audio interface.
- Cortex-M4 ARM processor.
- Current consumption: +12V: 110mA ; -12V: 5mA.
|Vendor Item Number||WARPS|