Designed in collaboration with electronic music legend Richard D James aka Aphex Twin, AFX Station is an all-new limited edition of the Novation Bass Station II. A sound designer’s dream, AFX Station has the same powerful feature set as Bass Station II, with the addition of AFX Mode pre-installed, which revolutionises the way the monosynth can be played and programmed. Perfect for sequencing and arpeggiation, every key on the instrument can become a new patch, making it a powerful analogue drum module, a flexible sound design tool, or a killer bass or lead machine. With striking purple reveals, the famous ‘A’ insignia, and custom giftbox designed by long-time Aphex Twin collaborator Weirdcore, it’s also an instant collector’s item.
We’re extremely proud of this exciting collaboration, not only because of the sound design capabilities it brings to music makers, but because of the associated brand kudos of working with one of the most widely respected electronic music makers on the planet. Aphex Twin is somewhat reclusive and keeps a tight grip on his brand, so the fact that he chose Novation to co-design a product with gives us a feeling of immense pleasure. Novation products, like Aphex Twin’s music, have always been forward-thinking and ahead of their time, and we think this collaboration gives a nod to our future-forward outlook, and to staying a few steps ahead of the curve.
The results of our collaboration with Aphex Twin goes further than the highly desirable AFX Station synthesizer. This campaign will be a conversation starter within the synth community and beyond; the campaign will reach a wide audience across the entire music business, and draw mass attention to Novation and our numerous product ranges. In addition, the added attention will draw even greater evaluation of Bass Station II, from which AFX Station is closely derived, and which can be updated with the AFX Mode firmware, providing the same technical functionality as AFX Station.
- New, Aphex Twin-approved look
- Stark new design with striking purple reveals and the famous ‘A’ insignia — not just an amazing synth but an instant collector’s item. Interface labels provide easy access to AFX Mode functions.
- Limited edition giftbox
- Designed by long-time Aphex Twin collaborator Weirdcore, the giftbox features custom artwork on the inside and outside with a matte finish and high-quality gloss highlights.
- Brand new artist patches
- 128 new synth patches and seven new overlay banks from Noyze Lab, Perplex On, Richard Devine, r beny and Lightbath channel the creative vision of Aphex Twin.
- Overlay Editor in Novation Components
- New editor in Novation Components allows full control over managing overlays.