The RT-311, from Radikal Technologies, is comprised of two main oscillators, each with sweepable waveforms, synchronization capabilities, TLM, and linear and exponential FM. It is capable of storing a total of 8 memory setups (each containing 8 snapshots), retaining all user-defined oscillator parameters—even after it is powered down!
One of the module’s most singular and useful features is the ability to interpolate between parameter snapshots. This process can be remotely controlled via voltage or an LFO. The rate of the latter can also be remotely controlled.
Another powerful feature, from which the module derives its name, is each oscillator’s ability to construct swarms of clones, with a total of 16 oscillators at the highest setting. There’s a detune knob for altering the pitch of every oscillator clone, which is great for multi-frequency drones and chords. Each swarm has a dedicated output, so cranking one set of exponential FM inputs to max enables them to be used as two independent synthesizer voices.There’s also dedicated scale inputs that allow users to control the module’s behavior via step sequencer.
- Dual Digital Oscillator
- 8 Memory slots for waveshape settings
- Sweep through saved memory
- Each osc can "swarm," making copies of itself for beefiness
- 16 oscillators per voice at highest setting
- Swarm can be pitched in musical interals, clusters, or detuned
- Swarms can be saved in memory slots
- 8 "chords" to morph through
- 1V/Oct scaling
- Internal Quantization if desired
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 32HP
- Depth: 30mm
- Current Draw: 250mA@+12v, 40mA@-12v