Out of Stock
Reserve your unit now!
The NTG5 is a short, ultra-lightweight shotgun microphone ideal for use in the most demanding recording applications. Featuring a revolutionary acoustic design with circular ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics, it offers unmatched transparency and a more natural, uncoloured sound.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), and short in length (just 203mm)
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dBA
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse environmental conditions
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with WS10 windshield, PG2-R pistol grip and other accessories
Combined with a tightly controlled frequency response, smooth off-axis response, and very low self-noise (just 10dBA), the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is the imperative. No excuses.
The NTG5 is a boom operator’s dream, weighing a mere 76g and measuring just over 20cm, making it ideal for use on long, demanding shoots. It also features RF-bias circuitry to ensure reliable performance in adverse environments, with excellent resistance to high humidity, severe cold, damp, and dust. The perfect location recording mic.
- Shotgun Microphone
- Supercardioid Pickup Pattern
- 20 Hz-20 kHz Frequency Range
- 80 Hz-20 kHz ±3 dB Frequency Response
- XLR Connection
- Kit includes NTG5 shotgun mic, pistol grip, fur windshield, foam windshield, mic clip & bag
|Acoustic Principle||RF-bias condenser|
|Active Electronics||RF-bias demodulation|
|Polar Pattern||Supercardioid shotgun|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Frequency Response||80 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB|
|Output Impedance||25 Ω|
|Signal to noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Equivalent Noise||10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)|
|Input SPL @ 1% THD||130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 Ω load)|
|Power Requirements||2 mA @ 48V phantom power|
|Sensitivity||-23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||NTG5: 203 x 19 mm (8 x 0.75")
PG2-R: 117 x 60 x 240 mm (4.6 x 2.4 x 9.4")
|Weight||NTG5: 76 g (2.7 oz.)
PG2-R: 224 g (7.9 oz.)
|9.7 x 9.4 x 3.4"|
|Vendor Item Number||NTG5KIT|