Creating a quality podcast just got a lot easier with the RODECaster Pro from Rode, a revolutionary podcast studio that incorporates all the professional tools of the trade in a compact all-in-one unit. It is well suited for professionals or for those who are just starting out and in need of a straightforward solution. The unit simplifies the technical aspects of podcast production so you can focus on making great content using the company's world-renowned broadcast-quality audio.
The RODECaster Pro integrates a mixer, sound effects player, phone tap for taking phone calls, recorder, and more, all in one box—saving you the time and hassle of setting up the components by yourself, and at a cost significantly lower than buying them separately. It offers a powerful platform to get up and running right away recording sophisticated podcasts in the studio or on the move.
Operating as a standalone and combining a host of podcast-friendly features, the RODECaster Pro lets you record and mix podcasts on the fly with up to four microphones, remote guests on calls, music, and prerecorded segments going on all at once. With echo-free phone or app calls, main host channel controls, programmable sound pads for launching jingles and FX, and APHEX processing that gives your voice the rich and warm sound of a professional broadcaster, this console is destined to become a standard in the field of podcast production.
The RODECaster Pro goes beyond what a traditional mixing console does. It is equipped with four high-quality XLR mic inputs, four discrete headphone outputs, eight faders to control audio levels, and Bluetooth, USB, and TRRS connectivity. It lets you record your podcast as a mixed-down stereo mix to an onboard microSD card or to your computer via USB.
Easy to operate with ergonomically located controls and a large full-color touchscreen, the RODECaster Pro is ready to use within minutes of opening the box. Just add mics (such as the RODE Procaster), booms and pop filters, headphones, and a microSD card, and you're ready to start recording your podcast or to begin streaming it live via your smartphone or computer.
Podcast within Minutes of Opening The Box
- Quickly connect microphones for you and your guests—up to four people. The four, high-quality microphone XLR inputs, each with 48V phantom power, are capable of powering studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones.
- With automatic level setting and one-touch recording to the onboard microSD card (optional), you can start recording your first podcasts within minutes of taking the RODECaster Pro out of the box. Onboard presets for a variety of microphones delivers broadcast-quality sound with a single touch.
8 Sound pads for Jingles and Sound Effects
- Perfect for giving your podcast a polished feel, eight sound pads allow you to instantly launch effects, music, jingles, applause, prerecorded interviews, ads, and more. You can record audio directly to the pads from any of the audio inputs, or simply drag and drop files from your computer using the RODECaster Pro app (free download). You can even select the color of your choice for the pad illumination, a convenient way to remember which effect is on which pad.
Echo-Free Phone and App Calls
- Most podcasts require that you interview a guest remotely via a phone call or apps like Skype, FaceTime, and more. All you need to do is connect your smartphone to the RODECaster Pro via Bluetooth or a TRRS cable, and the unit automatically provides a mix-minus, preventing the person on the other end of the call from hearing a distracting echo. This allows you to achieve clear-sounding podcasts without the need to purchase additional hardware or having to set up complex signal routings with cables.
Bluetooth, TRRS, and USB Connectivity
- In addition to echo-free, crystal-clear phone-call audio, the Bluetooth, TRRS cable, and USB connections can be used to roll prerecorded interviews, play music, or play any kind of audio you like. Each dedicated Bluetooth, TRRS, and USB channel comes with intuitive presets to optimize the sound, whether the source is music, speech, or phone calls.
Class-A Servo-Biased Preamps
- The four pristine mic preamps feature servo biased Class-A circuitry, which provides a clean gain structure with low levels of distortion for a low-noise signal that rivals the best broadcast consoles.
- Each preamp provides +48V phantom power on rugged Neutrik XLR connectors, giving you the option to use condenser microphones for a bright and transparent voice sound.
APHEX Processing for Warmth and Tone
- The sound of your microphones can be quickly enhanced with the onboard APHEX aural Exciter and Big Bottom processors. Found in most broadcast studios, the Exciter elevates speech clarity, while the Big Bottom adds that warm and deep voice-of-God low-frequency punch to your voice. These effects are also available to bring out the details of the music or speech audio from your Bluetooth, USB, or TRRS connections.
Shape Your Sound with Intuitive Presets
- The RODECaster Pro is equipped with advanced audio processing options for each channel. Choose the mic that is closest to the mic you're using on your voice from a list of mic profiles, and the software automatically matches the digital signal processing to that microphone.
- Voice settings are also available to compensate for the strength and tone of the participant's voices. You can select the Deep, Medium, or High voice preset as well as the Soft preset for soft-spoken speakers; or select the Strong preset for those with louder voices.
- Auto Setup levels can be programmed to dynamically change the loudness of the voice of the person speaking, making it easy for users without any audio experience to perfectly set the gain on their microphone.
- Dynamic effects are also available, including: a compressor and a noise gate to even out your sound; a high-pass filter to eliminate low-end rumble; and a de-esser to lessen sibilance on words beginning with the letter S.
Main Host Channel
- Ducking option for the main host channel (Channel 1). Ducking turns down all audio sources every single time the host speaks. It allows the host to control the flow of the podcast, especially when multiple people are speaking over one another. The host mic will always be heard when ducking is enabled.
- The host has exclusive access to advanced functions during the recording such as muting and soloing channels using buttons located along the front of the unit. Only the host can hear muted and soloed channels, which is great for cueing up external audio signals without distracting guests.
Onboard Stereo Recording to microSD Card
- Operating as a standalone unit out of the box, the RODECaster Pro records your fully produced podcast as a stereo mix directly to a microSD card (available separately). Simply insert the card in the slot on the back of the unit and hit the record button. A timer on the touchscreen lets you know how long you've been broadcasting. You can also add markers to your podcast on the fly, to mark significant passages while recording.
- To prevent you from accidentally ruining your podcast, you cannot access any advanced settings while in record mode.
USB Audio Interface for Stereo Recording to a DAW
- The RODECaster Pro is a class-compliant USB audio interface. This means you can connect the unit to your computer via USB, and record a stereo mix of your podcast to your favorite DAW or recording software, while at the same time bringing music in from your computer into the dedicated USB channel.
Four Discrete Headphone Outputs
- The RODECaster Pro comes equipped with four, high-powered headphone outputs using discrete circuitry for clarity and presence.
- Each participant has its own volume control, so they can monitor comfortably while recording the podcast.
- For convenience, the host channel has the option to plug in a set of headphones with a 3.5mm plug accessible directly in the front of the unit.
- A switchable headphone limiter protects you from deafening volume spikes.
Speaker Outputs for Live Events
- If you're hosting your podcast at live events, a set of speaker outputs with a dedicated volume control allows you to connect the RODECaster Pro to a PA system, so you can amplify the podcast for your live audience, while streaming to your audiences all around the world via USB connectivity.
|Channels of I/O||Analog:
4 Inputs / 2 Outputs
|Max Sample Rate/Resolution||48 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Display and Indicators||1 x Touchscreen (High-Pass Filter, Input Level, Input Selection, Limit, Menu Navigation, Output Level)|
|Sample Rates||48 kHz (AD/DA Conversion)|
|Bit Depth||24-Bit (AD/DA Conversion)|
|OS Compatibility||macOS 10.11
|Power Requirements||AC/DC Power Adapter (Included)|
|Dimensions||13.78 x 10.83 x 3.23" / 350 x 275 x 82 mm|
|Weight||4.2 lb / 1.9 kg|