Roland’s dual-ply mesh heads for V-Drums revolutionized the playability of electronic drums thanks to their adjustable tension, durability and natural playing feel. And now we’re taking the concept a step further with the PowerPly series; nine mesh heads produced by REMO Inc. ranging from 8” to 22” that let you retrofit your acoustic drums for quiet practice. When used with Roland’s RT-30 Acoustic Drum Triggers, PowerPly mesh heads can trigger a V-Drums module, enabling you to practice and experiment with various sounds while maintaining the looks and feel of your acoustic drum kit.
- Highly-durable dual-ply mesh head
- Very quiet when played, perfect for home practice
- Compatible with Roland RT-30 series Acoustic Drum Triggers
- Six different sizes for snares and toms (8”, 10”, 12”, 13”, 14” and 16”)
- Three sizes for bass drum ( 18”, 20”, 22”)
- Also usable as replacement mesh heads for V-Drums V-Pads (all models except the PDX-8 and PDX-6)
Single-ply mesh heads from other brands may need re-tightening and adjustment after a few days of playing. Roland’s PowerPly mesh heads don’t require constant retuning (*1), so you can practice for longer with consistent rebound. If you are using PowerPly mesh heads with RT-30 Acoustic Drum Triggers, head tension is an important factor in accurate sensing and tracking of your drumming. The trigger response of PowerPly heads is more accurate, thanks to the dual-ply design and consistent tension. Roland’s bass drum dual-ply mesh heads also last twice as long as single-ply mesh heads made by other brands (*2), so you can play hard without having to frequently replace the heads.
(*1) Tested by Roland using drumsticks.
(*2) Tested by Roland using a kick pedal until the mesh heads were broken.
- Head Size
- MH2-8: 8 inches
MH2-10: 10 inches
MH2-12: 12 inches
MH2-13: 13 inches
MH2-14: 14 inches
MH2-16: 16 inches
MH2-18BD: 18 inches (for Bass Drum)
MH2-20BD: 20 inches (for Bass Drum)
MH2-22BD: 22 inches (for Bass Drum)
- Dual Ply
Durability Test by Roland
- - Snare Drum: After a few days of drumming, the tension rods of single-ply mesh heads needed tightening by a full turn, while Roland’s dual-ply mesh heads retained most of their original tension.
- - Bass Drum: Using a kick pedal to hit the mesh heads until they were broken, Roland’s dual-ply mesh heads lasted twice as long as single-ply mesh heads by other brands.
- MH2-8: 100 g (4 oz)
MH2-10: 100 g (4 oz)
MH2-12: 110 g (4 oz)
MH2-13: 130 g (5 oz)
MH2-14: 130 g (5 oz)
MH2-16: 160 g (6 oz)
MH2-18BD: 270 g (10 oz)
MH2-20BD: 300 g (11 oz)
MH2-22BD: 350 g (13 oz)