The Roland SP-404A Linear Wave Sampler is a 16-bit sampler with an integrated sequencer, 29 on-board DSP effects, smooth FX switching, and twelve professional performance pads, well suited for DJs, musicians, and producers. The SP-404A can be integrated with the Roland TR-8 Rhythm Performer for powerful, integrated beat and sample production. Each of the TR-8's eleven tracks can trigger a sample on the SP-404A, a TR-8 sound, or a blend of both. The TR-8 can trigger any sample from any of the multiple banks in the SP-404A, making for easy access to sample production at the turn of a dial.
By connecting the stereo RCA outputs of the SP-404A to the TR8's external audio input, you can use the TR-8 as a sub-mixer and processor for the sampler. Using this setup configuration allows any sample from the SP-404A to be effected using the TR-8's scatter feature to reverse, glitch, gate, truncate, stutter, and perform all manner of rhythmic variations, from subtle to extreme.
For standalone operation, songs, jams, and tracks can be built in seconds thanks to the on-board pattern sequencer, which is specifically designed for real-time track creation. Create and store up to 120 patterns, which each pattern offering up to 99 measures with continuous looping and layering for shaping song structures quickly and efficiently. The three non-slip control knobs and twelve performance trigger pads allow for an unprecedented amount of control.
The Roland SP-404A ships with a 1GB SD card with nine banks of premium samples by Loopmasters. Additional samples can be loaded via SD card (up to 32GB). You may also import WAV or AIFF audio files from your Mac or Windows computer. The unit is powered by the included AC adapter or via four AA batteries, allowing for use anytime or anywhere. What's more, there's an integrated microphone for capturing samples in the middle of nowhere. Songs, jams, and tracks can be built in seconds thanks to the on-board Pattern Sequencer, which is specifically designed for real-time track creation.
- Sample anytime, anywhere with the built-in mic and battery power
- Can be triggered from the 16-step sequencer in the TR-8 Rhythm Performer (TR-8 system version 1.50 or later required)
- AIRA black-and-green color scheme to match existing AIRA hardware
- “Sounds by Loopmasters” SD card includes over 100 new stereo samples, effects, and one-shots
- 29 DSP effects, including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, looper, and more
- Three control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and SUB PAD for rapid-repeat triggering
- Seamless effects switching for smooth, perfect performances
- Pattern sequencer with quantize mode and shuffle feels
- Import audio files from a computer and assign samples to pads with free Mac/Windows software
|Vendor Item Number||761294512258|