Euroracked version of the RAT clone distortion by Synthrotek.
It has three parameters, votage control of gain, a selection of clipping diodes and fine vintage sound.
The name 308 refers to the LM308 single op-amp which is used in this circuit.
The 308 offers three parameters on the faceplate: TONE sets the brightness level, FILTER dials in the high frequency response, and DRIVE determines the signal gain. Latter parameter can be voltage controlled.
A small DIP switch on the faceplate selects which diodes are used for clipping: 1N4148 diodes, LEDs, germanium diodes or none at all.
Input impedance can be set with a trimm potentiometer.
- 3 controls - Tone, Filter, and Drive - to customize your tone. Tone sets the brightness level, Filter dials in the high frequency response, and Drive determines the signal gain.
- 4 Diode Settings - An on-board 4PST DIP Switch selects between 4 different clipping diodes to drastically alter your sound. Turn on the stock version 1N4148s, LEDs, Germanium diodes, or none at all with flick of a little switch.
- Vintage Tone - The PCB is designed from the original RAT tone IC, the LM308 single op amp.
- Control Voltage (CV) Input
- Guitar AND Modular - Adjust the input impedance with a trim pot.
- Plug your guitar in using Circuit Abbey's Axis module.
- Current draw: >10mA on the positive rail